Job Searching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SammyMay, Dec 9, 2008.

1. SammyMay

SammyMay Registered Member

Hey all.

Recently me and a few friends have become unemployed do to the amount different industries have been laying off their employees.

Im living in SE Calgary Alberta, if anyone has any good sites to help me look for new job it would be greatly appreciated.

Im 18 years old female, high school graduate.

Generally searching for receptionist or restraunt server job.

Thank-you.

2. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I can't really help you on the website front since I am not in or from the U.S, but I can suggest a way to make it easier for you to get a job. Go somewhere and offer to work for free, be it a business, charity or event. Not only will that be you with your foot in the door to get paid work there, it will show prospective employers that you are a hard worker and not afraid to work hard. It can also help combat depression and other adverse effects of long-term unemployment which many might face over the next year or so..

3. SammyMay

Code:

Im from Calgary..
    Obviously, in Canada.
    i Don't need you to be from US considering i do not live there...

4. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I can't really help you on the website front since I am not in or from the Canada, but I can suggest a way to make it easier for you to [COLOR=#FFA431 ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=#FFA431 ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]get [/FONT][COLOR=#FFA431 ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]a [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FFA431 ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]job[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Go somewhere and offer to work for free, be it a business, charity or event. Not only will that be you with your foot in the door to get paid work there, it will show prospective employers that you are a hard worker and not afraid to work hard. It can also help combat depression and other adverse effects of long-term unemployment which many might face over the next year or so..

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

o-- Apply at all the local restaurants near you.
    o-- Try Snag-A-Job.com
    o-- AllRetailJob.com

I hope that both of those web-sites also give you details for Canada.

6. SammyMay

Thank - you very much. Ill try them out right away.

:)

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well you know what to do so go to all your local shops and retailers and ask around if any work is going.

That's all I can suggest, keep trying and do be put off with disappointment. It's all about persistence.

I wish you good luck.