• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Joakim Noah out for 8-10 weeks

Swish

Registered Member
TORONTO -- Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah will have surgery Thursday to repair a torn ulna collateral ligament in his right thumb, the team announced.

Noah, who was in the starting lineup Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors despite the injury, is likely to miss 8-10 weeks. He had 11 points and 11 rebounds as the Bulls beat the Raptors 110-93 for their seventh straight victory.

"I feel like it's just tough not playing at a high level," Noah said following Wednesday's game. "It's hurting and I'm playing and I've got to take anti-inflammatories every time I play. I can't practice. I have to get right. I have to get right and get back to this team. I'm going to miss playing with the guys. It's frustrating because I feel like we have a chance to be really, really good. And I've never been in a situation where we're winning like this. But I know in the long run, this is what needs to be done."
I'm not aloud to post URL's yet but it's true

This is really... horrible news. I mean, he's their best defender and grabs around 10 rebounds per game. Loosing him is loosing a strong body in the paint that hustles a lot and is the heart of this franchise with Rose. 10 weeks is A LOT. Hope he'll come back sooner.. for now.. Boozer and Taj have to step up