Jimmy Eat World

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any Jimmy Eat World fans here? I haven't heard their newest CD yet but so far their "Futures" album ranks among my favorite CD's. The entire track listing flows perfectly and their sound is actually really unique.

I'm not really sure how I'd classify their sound but those of you who are fans of them probably can agree that they have a certain draw to them.

So, who here likes them?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I saw them classified as emo once...?

I have one of their old CDs. I can't remember what it's called, but it has a bunch of trophies on the cover and one of the featured singles was Sweetness.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was Bleed American. I didn't like that one as much, although Sweetness and The Middle are two of the singles that came out of that album.

I've heard them classified as emo as well but they are a ton more melodic than most emo I've heard.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yea, the emo thing confused me a little.

Hear You Me is another not as recognized song from Bleed American. It's great, but it's just so slow...

Pain is the only song I have from Futures.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Listen to 23 from futures. It has one of the best intros for any slow song ever. It needs to be in a movie. I could totally see it playing as some people part ways and walk in slow motion as the camera zooms out slowly across a city skyline as the credits begin.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I think I have only one song, not too sure of the title, but I like it for the awesome guitar intro. (Acoustic mind you).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't say I am the biggest fan of them, but I do enjoy some of their songs, if I had to choose my favorite one from Jimmy Eat World, then I would have to go with Cautioners, it's an amazing song in my opinion, and if you listen to the lyrics, you'll find them amazing.