Jim Ross not happy about being moved

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
JIM ROSS: 'I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS SURPRISE DEVELOPMENT'
by Buck Woodward @ 1:02 PM on 6/24/2008

Jim Ross has posted a blog entry on his official website regarding his move to Smackdown last night in the WWE draft. You can read the full blog at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/. Here is an excerpt from the entry:
As many of you know, I was “drafted” to Smackdown Monday night in the “random lottery”. Obviously that means I will be leaving Monday Night Raw and my long time partner Jerry Lawler.

I am not happy about this surprise development.

I also contemplated calling it a career Monday night and not going to Houston to tape SD.

After speaking with my wife and thinking on this matter until 6 a.m. Tuesday morning, I have decided to do the right thing for the fans who care and the talent who care and begin my new assignment.
It has been explained to me that the WWE’s Smackdown tenure on My Network is a high priority within the corporation. Allegedly, my presence is needed in that effort.

Many are speculating about when I learned of this development…the same time those of you were watching at home. I should have detected something with the demeanor of certain individuals either thru their plastic, poker faces or the perceived smirk that I thought I might have seen on some of their faces during the day.

As far as going to Connecticut each week to do Smackdown post production, that’s not going to happen. Either Mick Foley can handle it or the WWE can install a DSL line in my home to facilitate the work.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I totally agree. J.R. is a part of RAW and I'll never be able to see him without the King.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree why he's mad about this, he's been working with Jerry Lawler for the longest time and now he's moving to Smackdown. I would be angry as well if I was him.

He's acting like a little baby, to be honest. Even though I believe RAW is JR's home, the whole purpose of the draft is to shake things up. Even if that means moving announcers and referees to different brands. It shakes things up and it'll get him out of the rut he's been in for years. He has a lax job and one of the easiest in the WWE. He should be happy he has a job instead of whining about not wanting to go to a different brand.

Give it time, JR, you'll get used to it. :eek:)

padd

Registered Member
coulda been worse.. the random draft coulda sent him to ECW. nah but good for him that he didn't quit the business.. I'm looking forward to seeing him on Smackdown. Then again next year Raw could pick him up again.

Then again next year Raw could pick him up again.
That's a good point. JR should have a good time on SD! while he's there. Who knows, he might like co-commentary with Foley. Then, the next year, RAW can get him back. It's good to mix it up a little instead of being stuck with King throughout your whole career.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Licky, you know nothing of wrestling.

It's good to mix it up a little instead of being stuck with King throughout your whole career.
J.R. and The King love working together. That is one of the biggest reasons J.R. is so angry. They're not "stuck together," they actually want to be together.

He has a lax job and one of the easiest in the WWE.
...aaaand you do realize that he does a whole lot more than just announce, right? I know for a long time he was the VP of talent.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with you DaStevez, he's been working with Jerry Lawler for a very long time, and they enjoy working together, changing him to Smackdown was simply stupid.

JR is also a VP of talent, he doesn't a lot of things behind close door that no one knows about. He doesn't just announce.

J.R. and The King love working together. That is one of the biggest reasons J.R. is so angry. They're not "stuck together," they actually want to be together.

And? So J.R. is exempted from the rules because he likes working with King? Ha, no. J.R. needs to suck it up and go along with it. He might even enjoy his time on SmackDown! J.R. bitching about it is almost as worst as Triple H bitching about not wanting to go to the "B" show back in the day.
...aaaand you do realize that he does a whole lot more than just announce, right? I know for a long time he was the VP of talent.

Compared to the wrestlers J.R. does has a lax job. He isn't prone to injures oppose to the wrestlers are. For the mental aspect he doesn't have to worry about getting sued, politics in the WWE or whatever else. Yes, compared to everybody else J.R.'s job(s) are laxed.

Last edited: