Movies Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Is there anyone else interested to watch this movie? I'm a sucker for Chrismas movies and I love the story of Scrooge. I think Carrey is a great pick to play a 3D Scrooge.

I'm sure this movie is going to make tons of money in the box office.

Thoughts?

YouTube - Jim Carreys A Christmas Carol Official Trailer

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I'm also really into Christmas movies, so I'll probably end up seeing this, be it in the theater or renting the DVD. I would've liked it to be real, not animated or 3D, but it still looks like a decent movie.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Eh, I'm tired of Carrey ruining Christmas movies. I am a big fan of this story and other Christmas movies too, but I'll probably pass on this in the theater, possibly seeing it on DVD.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What Christmas movies do you believe he ruined? I think he did a great job portraying The Grinch.

Also he's only supplying the voice, so I don't see how he can ruin this movie.

@ Twitch: I think it's been done to many times in real form, I think 3D is unique which makes this moviemore exciting in my opinion.

5. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I went to the train tour when it came through this area:

[​IMG]

In addition to seeing a bunch of cool things about how the movie was made, we got to see about 15 minutes of the movie in 3D. It was the most intense 3D movie ever made. The cgi was just fantastic and the entire movie was 3D intensive where most 3D movies have sections that are 3D intensive. It's hard to explain, all I can say is the clip I saw was years ahead of any other 'animated' movie I've seen.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I thought he was a horrible Grinch. But I would blame the people backing the live-action version equally. Such a bad idea to rape a classic like that.

Honestly, I don't like his voice in this, at least what I've heard from the trailer. He might not ruin it, but I'm sure they could've found a better voice actor.

I guess I'm just not a big Carrey fan, other than Eternal Sunshine and The Number 23 (which was just okay). So maybe I'm just being a hater. Ha.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont think it'll make tons of money..... but I do think it'll fare fairly well against other Christmas flicks.

Jim Carrey is notorious for being that Over Actor, I mean he is just a very talented, and interested actor. Its obvious whoever is paying him to be in their movie is getting exactly what they are paying for plus more.

The funny thing is, think about Jim Carrey himself... going from being Ace Ventura to now being as big as he truly is. I'm glad he's made it this far.

8. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

well, if anyone doesn't like Carry, stay away from this one. I think he plays 5 or 6 parts in the movie. That's really the only thing about the movie I question. I mean there's going to be 3 people in a room and they're all Jim Carry. That may be too much. Then again, I've seen Eddie Murphy do the same thing in a couple of movies and he did it very well, so it can be pulled off.

9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I liked the Grinch, but Carrey's voice doesn't seem to work as well here. But it looks pretty well done, so I'll probably see it eventually.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

if anyone can do it... I'm sure Jim Carrey could.

and he does, he plays Scrooge and then every single one of the Ghosts of Christmas.

I remember seeing a behind the scenes on this one and the directer said that they took a different route on this version of the story... they kept it cruel, more dark comedy and less light humor. Which should be good 'cause like I said I have all the confidence that if anyone can do it... its Jim Carrey.