• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jewelry (POS)

Dabs

Registered Member
I went to the mall and stopped into a cute little jewelry store, called Claire's.
I like that particular store :)
So, I am there with my 11 year old granddaughter and we were looking at necklaces with computer logo on them.
One necklace said Rotten on one side, flip it over, it said Fresh.
One necklace had OMG on one side, flip it over, it read LOL.
Then I saw a necklace that had POS on it.
I kept looking at it and I asked my GD if she knew what the 'pos' stood for, and she replied No......and I laughed and told her in my day, POS stood for Piece Of Shit ~LoL~
She became embarrassed and said she was sure it wasn't that......I had to know, so I took the necklace to the check-out counter and there were 2 young ladies working....and I said "excuse me, I know what LOL and OMG means.....but I can't figure out the POS"....and I told them, I remember it simply meaning "piece of shit"!
They laughed too...and agreed with me...saying they at first thought that was what 'POS' was standing for...until they later learned the true meaning...it means "parents over shoulder".
Needless to say, my GD won't be getting a necklace like that :lol:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I wish I knew about this term POS (as parents over shoulder) when I was younger and using the family PC.....

Bliss

Sally Twit
Show everyone your 'lol' keyring, Nix.

I always thought 'POS' was piece of shit. I never had that type of jewellery when I was a kid. Instead I'd wear those rubber bracelets called 'shag bands'.

Dabs

Registered Member
Show everyone your 'lol' keyring, Nix.

I always thought 'POS' was piece of shit. I never had that type of jewellery when I was a kid. Instead I'd wear those rubber bracelets called 'shag bands'.

Weird thing is....I think they are here now....in a craze called "Silly Bands'.
They are simple fancy colorful rubber bands, made into various shapes..such as ocean, fantasy, vehicles, princess, farm life, dang the list goes on and on!
Kids started wearing them, and some would wear them to school and they had to be banned because some girls had over 300 on their arms.....it was silly...(hence, silly bands I guess)
And they also have silly rings......comes about 20 to a pack, costs about $2 a pack.
This stuff seemed to come out of nowhere......I never saw them, and suddenly bam!...they are everywhere.