• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jets release Sanchez;looking at Vick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@alexfan590: The Jets released Mark Sanchez and are now reportedly signing Michael Vick.
Not all that surprising about Sanchez being released. Last year proved his time was done with New York. Interesting that they're pursuing Michael Vick. I guess they don't have that much confidence in Smith.

blpratt1982

Sanchez being released is overdue. I don't think going after Vick is a great idea. It's too early to give up on Smith and Vick left the Eagles because he wanted to be a starter.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
According to Mike & Mike's page on ESPN, The Jets did sign Michael Vick.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
The Jets signed Vick to compete for the starting job and make Geno Smith work and get better. Also, the Jets are interested in Eagles' WR Desean Jackson. The Eagles are reportedly trying to trade Jackson.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Good signing by the Jets! I think he will teach Geno plenty when it comes to reading the defense and how to find the open receiver. I don't think vick is the type to throw his fellow QB in the mud . He has a one year contract . I think Geno learned a lot last year and he will come in a bit wiser this year.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I was driving through the New York/New Jersey metro area on Saturday morning, and the ESPN radio affiliate in New York was very supportive of the Jets signing Vick. The show host said that this move shows that they're serious about having Geno Smith as the quarterback of the future while using Vick as a short-term support system (or something to that extent anyway, I can't remember verbatim how the host phrased it).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sanchez can be a serviceable backup. I suspect whatever he signs for will be considerably less than what the Eagles paid Vick last season.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It's funny because I was watching Sportnet360 yesterday and their Sports Ticker said that Mark Sanchez signed with the Jets pending physical. I was like WTF??? Lol! It's funny to see them swap teams like that..actually surprised that Sanchez signed with a team so quickly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Breaking News 5
goingtopshelf NFL 4
K NFL 5
Millz NFL 11
Fresh NFL 0