Jesus in the Modern World

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Ramman, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Ramman

Ramman Registered Member

Rather than reply to the numerous nonsensical "hypothetical" threads all of which pose the following question "What if JESUS came today , What would it be like" et al.

What do they hope to accomplish by asking hypotetical questions such as these. Do they think it a justification for ignoring how GOD Himself decided to reveal the CHRIST?

Do they attempt to minimiize the Cross?

Do they attempt to deny the Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist?

Do they deny the need for the Salvic nature of the Sacraments and JESUS presence in all of them?

Do they attempt to deny that the Catholic faith is a Living Faith not a Dead Historic Faith?

Do they understand that the Church is comprised of the Church Triumphant - the Church Suffering and not only the Church Militant and that these three are one always.

Are they totally ignorant of the ramifications of the resurrection?

It seems apparent that rather than seek GOD through hypotheticals - seeking him through HIS revealed truths might be the better course of action - assuming of course that this is their Goal to begin with. If not - then I expect this Thread will elicit numerous individuals attempting to justify their reasons for not doing so.

2. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I don't know. It might just be a fun to speculate about things and find out what people think about stuff. Do you enjoy discussing things? Or, you know, are you just here to preach?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Bananas and Stegosaurus like this.
  3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

EllyDicious: Given that everyone is free to discuss whatever / however they want to, I see no big deal in hypothetical questions. It's another way to know everyone's thoughts about certain situations.
    If you think those threads are a waste of time, don't respond.
    Everyone is free to express/ask anything about everything.

Elida.

Bananas likes this.
  4. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

In line with this thread discussing reasons for talking about religion on this forum, I would like to ask one better:

"Ramman, what is it that you hope to accomplish (in discussing religion) by talking about/to people they way you do?" I have noticed alienation, belittling, non-contextualized quoting, extrapolations, (apparent) passive-aggression, and direct-confrontation. What is your "goal"?

5. Ramman

Ramman Registered Member

Ram: It would appear that preaching is in the eye of the beholder wouldnt it?
    ------

6. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

"Preaching" - Google Dictionary

If the topics and grammar of your sentences are structured as thus, then no—the qualifications for classifying a statement as “preaching” are actually quite objective.

------

Yeah...you really haven't answered ours in return, either. Would you like me to make a thread specifically asking you? (No sarcasm here, I swear. I will do so if you will answer in that thread):stare:

7. Ramman

Ramman Registered Member

Ram: The TRUTH - not erroneous opinion

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

You have posted in the hypothetical threads, don't be a hypocrite.

http://www.generalforum.com/search.php?searchid=375431

I don't think anyone is here to minimalize anything. These threads are created in order for everyone to try and understand what others feel and think. It's a forum board with many opinions.
    There are believers and non-believers both here. This isn't a place to try to convert anyone or make them think your way is the only way. It's about discussing why you believe what you do. If posing hypothetical questions helps someone to better understand something, can you share the harm in it?

9. Ramman

Ramman Registered Member

Ram : I just set the ground rules. If you agree to them - then let the fun begin.
    ------
    Ram: The harm is obvious. It makes MAN self reliant and not dependant on GOD for Truth.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

But for those of us who truly believe, where have we sought most of our teachings? Through man. Without discussion and teachers, most of us would be wandering around without knowing TRUTH.
    Being self reliant in a way that allows us to find God is not such a bad thing, is it?

Stegosaurus likes this.