• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor

dDave

V.I.P.
And... as of today there's some news on the upcoming Batfleck.

Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. I guess that puts to rest any speculation on whether or not he'll be white or black (he's historically been both at one time or another).

Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor in Batman Vs. Superman - IGN

Not much is said other than the fact that Eisenberg has been cast.

I'm honestly unsure of this. I've seen him in Now You See Me and Zombieland so nothing quite as serious as the role of Lex Luthor. I'll bet he can pull it off though, Snyder isn't an idiot. Maybe he'll be brilliant.
------
EDIT - The link has been updated. It also looks as if Jeremy Irons (who I absolutely love) has been cast as Alfred. That's an interesting pick but I'm 100% positive that Irons can pull it off just right, he's so good at what he does.

The release date of the film has also been pushed back to 2016. People like Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) are also expected to appear in the film.

Maybe this movie will be far better than what people are realizing.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jeremy Irons is a excellent actor, I think he will do the part justice. Every movie I have seen him in he was believable in his role. I hope Ben Affleck can do the same. They must think so or they wouldn't of chose him.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
There's really not a lot that can get me to buy in on this new Batman movie. Not with Afleck as Batman. But I think Jesse Eisenberg would actually make a good Lex Luthor.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There's really not a lot that can get me to buy in on this new Batman movie. Not with Afleck as Batman. But I think Jesse Eisenberg would actually make a good Lex Luthor.
I am a lifetime Superman fan, I have a collection of Superman items, from comic books, dolls, lunchboxes, t shirts, all sorts of things, and I was very disappointed with Henry Caville and the recent Superman movie and this looks like it will be worse. I have no plans to watch this movie. As far as I am concerned the Batman trilogy ended with The Dark Knight Rises and will not watch Affleck as Batman and Caville as Superman. Eisenberg would be a good Luthor though and I love Jeremy Irons, but this is already ruined for me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Poor Affleck. He's either starred in and/or directed in 3 of the best films of the last 6-7 years and still gets no credit. I guess his past will really haunt him forever.

I don't like that they're involving Batman so soon after Nolan's trilogy ended, but since I have no choice in that, they definitely could've picked a worse guy to play that role.

I'm not familiar with Superman story and the character of Lex Luther... but Eisenberg seems like a weird choice. Unless Lex Luthor is small, neurotic and whiny? Haha.

dDave

V.I.P.
Poor Affleck. He's either starred in and/or directed in 3 of the best films of the last 6-7 years and still gets no credit. I guess his past will really haunt him forever.

I don't like that they're involving Batman so soon after Nolan's trilogy ended, but since I have no choice in that, they definitely could've picked a worse guy to play that role.

I'm not familiar with Superman story and the character of Lex Luther... but Eisenberg seems like a weird choice. Unless Lex Luthor is small, neurotic and whiny? Haha.
It really isn't fair. With the way some people talk about him you'd think he's the only one that has done a poor job in any movie ever.

I'm fully willing to go and see this movie before I judge the performance. I really do think the only real reason people are upset is because it isn't Christian Bale. So? There are certainly other people that can play the role just fine. I just hope that Affleck doesn't try to impersonate Bale's version of Bruce Wayne, he just needs to make it his own.

And CO, you're crazy. Man of Steel was absolutely brilliant, especially compared to other movies like *cough*supermanreturns*cough*. I guess there's simply no way to make everyone happy though.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't feel sorry for Affleck at all. He has millions of dollars to soothe his ego when someone says something negative about him. And actors put themselves up for criticism. Not everyone is going to like or appreciate everyones style. Nothing wrong with that. I've liked Affleck in a few movies, but hated him in Dare Devil, and that's all I can think about when I think about him in Batman.

Lex Luthor isn't small or whiny, but he is more a character with intellectual intelligence with which he plots clever plans. I can see Jesse pulling that off. It couldn't hurt to buff up a bit, I will admit. :lol:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It really isn't fair. With the way some people talk about him you'd think he's the only one that has done a poor job in any movie ever.

I'm fully willing to go and see this movie before I judge the performance. I really do think the only real reason people are upset is because it isn't Christian Bale. So? There are certainly other people that can play the role just fine. I just hope that Affleck doesn't try to impersonate Bale's version of Bruce Wayne, he just needs to make it his own.

And CO, you're crazy. Man of Steel was absolutely brilliant, especially compared to other movies like *cough*supermanreturns*cough*. I guess there's simply no way to make everyone happy though.
He's an actor and thus he's subject to criticism. I think he is horrible at his "craft" and I would rather not watch. Also, I don't care about anyone's political pursuasion but when they make broad generalized statements about people they disagree with it's a turn off for me.

Man of Steel sucked, big time. Superman Returns was consistent with the comic book storyline, Man of Steel was off on some tangent, it wasn't even a Superman "type" movie. It was lame.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly I'd probably go see this regardless of who the actors are

I mean come on, its Batman! haha

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Being a lifetime Superman fan and collector of items I felt the same way about Man of Steel. I was horribly disappointed.