• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jerry the King Lawler

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's been wrestling a lot as of late. I don't know if the WWE actually want him to wrestle at Wrestlemania(never done that before) or they just want more old-school wrestling fans to watch the program.

What are your thoughts of having Lawler being "active" as wrestler? Do you think it's over the top and should stay behind the microphone, or you don't mind seeing wrestle from time to time like he's doing at the moment.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I like the guy well enough, but I don't think he should be in matches. For me, as a fan, it causes a reason to change the channel. If it's a one time thing I'll watch it all the way through, but when it continues week after week it loses its novelty.

Stay behind the table, Jerry.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think that all this is going to lead to Wrestlemania. Last year the The King blogged about never comepeting at a Wrestlemania. I don't like to watch him wrestle week in and week out either don't get me wrong, but I would love to see him wrestle at Wrestlemania against Michael Cole. I said it before, Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole at Wrestlemania, The King beats the crap out of Cole, good ol' JR comes out and gives him a couple of sucker punches and King and JR take over the announce table for the rest of the show. That would be awesome because all Cole is going to do is taint the show like he always does.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I like seeing King in the ring. Keeps it fresh. Keep him around. Why not?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with Blue...it's going to lead to Lawler finally getting a match at Wrestlemania.

Which I don't mind at all, he deserves it. Just keep it short.