Jericho Rumored to Return at SmackDown!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Veloci-T, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Just a little rumor I got from a website. It showed an article from an NY paper that stated Jericho would return at the SmackDown! tapings yesterday. It wouldve made snse seeing that his book signing was in the same city as the ECW/SmackDown! tapings that night. But of course, he didnt show up. It was unknown as if he was backstage or not. More info as it comes...

Veloci-T

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If Chris Jericho comes back he won't come back on Smackdown. He'd defenitly would make his return on Raw. There's no point to put him on the lower show. You put him on the show that gets all the ratings. But this is starting to bug me. He should make his return right now. But WWE is building up anticipation which is good for ratings.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

MJ, it makes perfect sense to put him on the lower show. I don't get how you don't understand that. The lower show needs the ratings and thus needs a big name, right? Jericho would certainly bolster the ratings.

However, USA wants the ratings because RAW is falling so RAW is the most likely candidate for that reason. The WWE just needs to end this "brand" bullshit and have one unified program.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

The thing about it is this. Would Chris Jericho come back to the WWE if they were going to put him on the non live TV show of Smackdown? I doubt it. The thing we have to realize is JERICHO holds all the cards. He doesn't really have to come back, but WWE wants him back. Chris I'm sure is financially stable because of his band and his previous wrestling run so I doubt he needs the money. He's coming back for the ego. It's the same reason Triple H and HBK will never end up on Smackdown.

I actually like the brand extension. If not for it would Cena, Orton and Batista be how they are now or would they get lost in the shuffle with too many guys appearing on one show? I dont like THREE shows but having two shows makes a ton of sense and makes a ton of money to boot.

So no, Jericho won't be on Smackdown, he'll be on Raw. But when?

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

He owuld definetly boulster the ratings on Smackdown but it doesn't make sence to put him on the lower show. Raw needs to boost their ratings, and if Chris Jericho comes back that would help them a whole lot.

Why do Raw have almost all the main superstars on Raw, because they care more about that show then Smackdown. So I disagree with you Cons, it would make more sence to put Chris Jericho on Raw.