• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jericho/Robinson situation

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting thing, as some of the websites are pointing out, was that Jericho found out Neville was hurt, and rolled him up for the pin, only for ref Charles Robinson to only make a 2-count with Neville's shoulders down because it wasn't the planned finish (which also is a fuck-up on his part because the refs are supposed to count no matter what) Jericho then got legitimately pissed and shoved Robinson for the DQ, and, as they were legitimately arguing, Robinson called Jericho a motherfucker.

Then Jericho grabbed the mic, and gave an unscripted promo in order to get Styles to come out and continue the storyline. The speculation is that likely, Jericho was supposed to beat down Neville in order for Styles to make the save, which couldn't happen, obviously.

Robinson later apologized on Twitter. Jericho is getting praised for how he handled everything.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Good for Jericho. Even though he's not always around, he's such a pro. I've heard speculation that he must be really glad to work with a guy like AJ and has a lot of creative control in that story (most likely). This is being pointed out because Jericho is apparently using a lot of asshole terms and phrases about Styles that he said people used on him when he debuted in WWE.

I don't know how Robinson couldn't have been aware that Neville was really hurt, but people make mistakes. Little Naitch typically does a great job.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think that ever since Jericho first left in 2005 and returned a couple of years later, he has a lot of creative control on his storylines. I remember that his World Heavyweight Championship feud with Shawn Michaels (the one in which Jericho smashed Michaels into the Jeritron 5000) was completely untouched by creative as he & Shawn were deciding which way to go. That says a lot about how highly Vince must think of Jericho to let him do that. I'm sure he must have much leeway into his feud with AJ Styles as well.

As for Charles Robinson, if I remember correctly, from where he was positioned when the injury happened, he might not have seen Neville breaking his ankle on the baseball slide, which might explain why the confusion happened. And I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but as I watched Smackdown tonight (to be verified with those who'll watch on Thursday night), Robinson wasn't a referee in any of tonight's matches so he might've been punished for the incident.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough spot for both but kudos to Jericho for handling it perfectly. I'll give Robinson a pass but he screwed that up pretty bad haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Heel Jericho is so good as generating heat. I think it was at Roadblock, he took a “Get Well Soon Bret Hart” sign from the crowd and ripped it apart. Doesn’t get more heel than that. LOL.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Jericho as been around the business for years, he knows what to do when something unscripted arises. Also, kudos for handling it the way he did, not sure how many other wrestlers would of done the same thing.