Jefferson's Name Gets Floated In Boston's Trade Talks

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Boston Herald - Al Jefferson's name has been popping up in trade talks as the Celtics seek veteran help.

"I was told I had nothing to worry about," said Jefferson.

"I feel the trust I have here with Danny and Doc (Rivers). They believe in me, so all I've got to do now is work hard so they keep that trust in me. That's what I've been doing here all summer. I'm having a great summer. I'm going to take it up to another level.

"I just don't think they would give up on me so quick," Jefferson added. "You never know what can happen if the right offer comes along for the team, but they know last year was just a bad season for me with all the injuries. They know I'm going to come back strong."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41174/20060629/jeffersons_name_gets_floated_in_bostons_trade_talks/

2. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

If they get Al Jefferson or Iverson, either one, their gonna be sick next season. They have Brandon Ray correct? Or is that Minnasota?

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No Portland as Brandon Roy. Also whoever gets Al Jefferson will be very lucky because he's still a very young talent, and has a lot of time to develop, he just didn't get much opputunity yet in Boston. I'm sure that The Sixers would love him if they got him.

4. Midnight

Midnight Guest

At least he would give the Sixers some hope downlow. The last aggressive player they ever had was Kenny Thomas, and Chris Webber (on a good day). Al Jefferson is very young and also has a wealth of potential. He has already shown throughout his years that he won't back down, and makes his presence known.