• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jeff Teague Traded to the Pacers in a 3 Team Deal

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
Jeff Teague goes to Indiana, George Hill to the Utah Jazz, and the #12 overall pick in the draft goes to the Atlanta Hawks. I read that the Hawks likely will try to package the #12 pick with their other 1st round pick (#21 I think) in another trade to try to convince Horford to stay. Interesting trade. Thoughts?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm really confused as to how George Hill fetches a first round pick(12th overall). He's barely a starter in this league...no idea what the Jazz were thinking. Not only that, but what changed with the Hawks front office and Jeff Teague. Last season they couldn't stop drooling over him and now he's gone. Weird...

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
I'm really confused as to how George Hill fetches a first round pick(12th overall). He's barely a starter in this league...no idea what the Jazz were thinking. Not only that, but what changed with the Hawks front office and Jeff Teague. Last season they couldn't stop drooling over him and now he's gone. Weird...
Disagree with that beyond words. First, this draft class isn't the best one. Outside of the top 10, and maybe even top 5, there aren't players who are going to make a significant impact in my opinion. There are a lot of guys who can develop into capable starters, and good role players, but nothing higher.

As for George Hill, he's one of the most underrated players in the game in my opinion. He's a great 3-point shooter, a solid physical defender, and a leader on the defensive-end. I get it that his stats aren't the best, but keep in mind he played for Indiana where they mostly ran iso-ball with Monta and Paul George. A lot of times George Hill wasn't asked to do much other than stand in the corner and hope for a pass. But in Jazz, under Quinn Snyder, I expect him to garner a much bigger role, and do believe that he will develop into a top flight PG

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
I don't think he'll develop into a top flight PG, but Hill is a solid combo guard who can shoot the 3 and play good defense. Good pickup for the Jazz since they needed shooting, but they also improve an area of strength, which is defense.