Jeff Hardy and his new "style"

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Nov 16, 2008.

?

The new Jeff Hardy?

1. COOL! I like it...

100.0%
  2. Blah. No. I don't like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WTF is WWE doing!?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Do you like what they've done with Jeff Hardy? Take a look:

YouTube - WWE Friday Night Smackdown 11/14/08 Part 1

There's the promo. It's very good for Jeff Hardy and definitely weirdly interesting. I like the darkness, kind of loose-cannon quality. It does kind of remind me of the Joker in a way. I like it a lot.

Sting mixed with the Joker. I like it, and would like to see what develops from it. :eek:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I'm definitely down with it so far. Joker-Sting sort of reminded me of the 'crazy Edge' persona, which Copeland seemed to enjoy doing, which emerged at the end of the marriage angle just before the Chokeslam Into Hell at PPV. Jeff appeared to be into his new bit as well, maybe because his act had become a little routine lately (since shortly after his huge dive 'onto' Batista, really) and this was a way for him to grab the spotlight and stir his fans' excitement up a bit.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always thought Hardy was some kind of a loose cannon though. The only difference I really see is the makeup. It's definitely cool, but I don't see much difference.

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Did you watch the segment? He was much darker and heelish than I can ever remember seeing him before. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him do a character per se. The reality-based counterculture risk-taker has always been his bread and butter and I thought this was a refreshing change.

5. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

this is pretty much the first time I've been intersted in hardy. Not counting his insane dives though. Jeff is pretty average on the mic but I felt that worked well

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

That was the best promo Jeff Hardy has ever done in his career...he was excellent. I think he's being himself and that face paint is awesome.

Count me in as interested.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's actually giving him a chance to express himself on the mic more than ever. And I agree, that was one of his best promos he's has ever given.

While he wrestles the same, it seems him gimmick is changing from rocker to emo. I dunno, just the way he speaks on the promo reminds me of a muse..., or one of those guys who reads poetry in a dark night club.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It was very different, don't know if I'm sold on it yet, but I have to agree with Millz it's defenitely the best promo he's done so far in his career. Should be interesting to see how long the gimmick will last.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

Best promo of the year.. so far

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

i thought it was fantastic, got me really excited. Anybody else see a bit of mankind in this new character?

if the reaction here is anything to go by it went down pretty well! so hopefully they go all the way with this now. This could be one of the biggest things to happen to jeff hardy.