• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jeff Hardy almost pulled from PPV?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just saw this on rajah.com

TNA Champion Jeff Hardy http://rajah.com/base/node/20965#retained his title in the main event of Sunday's Final Resolution pay-per-view. According to a report on PWInsider.com, there were some conflicting reports backstage as to whether Hardy would actually perform at the pay-per-view.

One source said that Hardy would be pulled from the main event and be sent home due to concerns about his behavior backstage.

Another source confirmed that there was talk of changing the main event and taking Hardy out of the match.

We'll post an update if more details become available.
Take this update with a grain of salt for now but if PWinsider is reporting they are usually almost always right so there's SOMETHING to this.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wait . . . Jeff Hardy? Causing problems? This is just too much for me to handle.

:lol:

Seriously, like anyone expects Jeff Hardy to be any different, even when offered such incredible opportunities.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wait . . . Jeff Hardy? Causing problems? This is just too much for me to handle.

:lol:

Seriously, like anyone expects Jeff Hardy to be any different, even when offered such incredible opportunities.
I agree with Cons on this one. Jeff Hardy is given so many chances it's unbelievable, and I'm ready to bet if it wasn't Hardy, he would of been sent home. TNA are probably afraid to suspend this guy, or just to send him home because he's one of their biggest stars in the company, and puts butts in seats.

Reports are that Jeff Hardy was hammered backstage yesterday which is why they wanted to send him home.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Reports are saying further that he was slightly "hammered" and that firing him was not necessarily out of the question, but the storyline change that took place was planned the whole time. See 411mania.com for more.

Jeff is a lightning rod of bad news. Get him out of there, I think.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Nothing new here, Jeff Hardy is a junkie and I would of stripped the title from him regardless if he was the key star or not. I am pretty sure that if this happens again TNA will terminate Jeff Hardy. Also I bet this looks bad for his brother, because he is wanting to come to TNA and I doubt that TNA wants double trouble.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Nothing new here, Jeff Hardy is a junkie and I would of stripped the title from him regardless if he was the key star or not. I am pretty sure that if this happens again TNA will terminate Jeff Hardy. Also I bet this looks bad for his brother, because he is wanting to come to TNA and I doubt that TNA wants double trouble.
TNA will still bring him in. They are quite stupid like that. :nod:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yeah but Matt doesn't have a drug history and they know that. But he will want some limelight.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
As someone who watched the PPV, I don't buy this too much. He didn't really show any signs. His match was fine that night.