• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jeff Bezos on Track to Become World’s First Trillionaire

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
For those hero are having a hard time wrapping their minds around a trillion...

A million seconds is 12 days.
A billion seconds is 31 years.
A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.
Nerd haha. I like Amazon. My BIL works there. They've had issues here in France regarding gafa taxes and that delayed/stopped deliveries during confinement period. Ha, you'd think money stuff won't be an issue anymore when you can afford it.

Was it his goal to be the richest man? Outside of being on top of lists, I wonder what is the joy in having THAT much money?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Frankly he didn't earn shit. Its the millions of people he has working for him that did all the work. It baffles me why people like Bezos, that far removed from what actually happens day to day, are praised for their profits. He gets that much profit by paying the least amount possible to have the most workers. I bet its people he's paid, who had all the ideas, that makes amazon successful. I highly doubt bezo works on the website himself at all. People want to say he's earned it because he 'worked so hard' but really, he just knew how and where to spend money. He got lucky is all. Screw his trillionaire status.
Amazon employees aside, he's MADE a lot of people rich too. I'm personally about a month away from starting to sell on Amazon myself. The opportunity he has provided to millions of people to also make their cut of the pie is huge. For that alone, I say give the man what he's due.

With those kind of profits, he could afford to pay above minimum wage to ALL employees. If you own a business, and its that successful, you should really be a hell of a lot more grateful to all the people making that happen. There are people sacrificing a shit ton more than he ever will for his company to be profitable.
I worked for a bank here in South Africa for 6 years. The pay was way above average for the kind of job I did. It also came with excellent benefits, like double leave days that any other company would offer, great pension fund, etc. What that caused is that it became impossible for me to leave, as I was overpaid for my skill and experience. I came to hate my job and couldn't do anything about it. It's not always a good thing to get paid too much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
4 NBA 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
sunrise Wrestling 0
sunrise Music 3