JBL to TNA? In talks...

While this wasn't brought during his radio show appearance, it's been confirmed that he has been in talks with TNA about joining the company. At this point, nothing has materialized.
Source: NoDQ.com > TNA > TNA in talks with a former WWE Champion?

Good for him, he is a great asset even though his back prevents him from wrestling. He could still be a commentator, manager or do backstage stuff.

On the other hand, I think TNA is getting filled with too many WWE stars. Anybody else feel weird about that?

wooly

I am the woolrus
Yeah i agree TNA is definitely getting filled with too many ex-WWE stars. It's WCW all over again. Like when WCW kept ex-WWF stars like Hogan, Nash and Savage consantly at the top while never pushing younger stars like Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio or Jericho. TNA is doing exactly the same thing.

I don't really see JBL as a great signing either.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
\On the other hand, I think TNA is getting filled with too many WWE stars. Anybody else feel weird about that?
I'm pretty sure that's their number one business policy.

TNA Bible said:
1. Anyone the WWE releases shall be signed immediately and given a free t-shirt, a water bottle, and a title belt

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
JBL could be a nice pickup for TNA if he's not wrestling. He'd be the perfect heel manager for someone.

Although they did just do that with Taz so maybe its a moot point.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm sick of the misconception that TNA is signing "too many former WWE stars." Aren't pro wrestlers free agents to begin with? Many spent just as much time in WCW, ECW, Japan, etc. Just b/c someone spent time in the WWE (or became popular there) doesn't mean that it's the only company in which these guys have competed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sick of the misconception that TNA is signing "too many former WWE stars." Aren't pro wrestlers free agents to begin with? Many spent just as much time in WCW, ECW, Japan, etc. Just b/c someone spent time in the WWE (or became popular there) doesn't mean that it's the only company in which these guys have competed.
I do hear what you're saying but they need to be careful on who they sign and who they push before the guys who put them on the map to begin with.

WCW/WWE retreds like Steiner and Nash are good for their names but other then that not much. They arent what people want to see. People who do watch TNA watch it as an alternative to the WWE and if they see guys that WWE casted aside then it just feels like the minor leagues and they dont want that.

The PPV buys for their last PPV were apparently at an all-time low. I think a problem is the booking because there is a lot of talent on the TNA roster. Its hard to pinpoint what they need to do in order to do better in the ratings, buys, etc. But I think it starts at the top with the writing and the booking.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Looks like those reports of JBL going to TNA are false:

John Bradshaw Layfield has posted a blog entry on the WWE Universe site denying Internet reports saying he's in negotiations with TNA Wrestling. He said he has "never had talks with TNA" about joining the promotion not to mention that he will "always be a WWE guy."

"I have not had talks with TNA about joining TNA," Layfield wrote. "I wish TNA the very best and Dixie Carter has been nothing but great to me as a fellow supporter of the troops where I have met her a couple of times as my role of emcee with The American Freedom Foundation, a fundraiser for our wounded heroes-perhaps this is where the misinformation came from, or from our connection in Nashville since we both have homes there and business. Mrs. Carter has never approached me about joining TNA, nor has anyone else from the company."

It was also reported that Layfield was unhappy with how his last stint in WWE went and that they didn't offer him another position following WrestleMania 25.

"The talks of me being unhappy with not being offered a non wrestling position are not true, at the time I left it was understood I was looking forward to being home after a long and happy career," Layfield wrote. "My relationship with WWE is as good as ever, as far as I am concerned."
To read his blog in its entirety, click here.

Layfield also posted a note on his Twitter account yesterday afternoon concerning the matter: "No talks of TNA and no regrets on my career - Internet rumors are completely bogus. I am happy playing golf and being retired."

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
TNA are just taking all the past WWE wrestlers lol, like Millz mentioned it's like WCW all over again.

I think JBL would be a nice addition to TNA, but like Wooly mentioned the rumors are probably false. It wouldn't make sense for him to go to TNA in my opinion.