Jays

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know it's still early but the Blue Jays are off to a great start, their currently 8-4 and are the number one team in the American League East. Going into yesterday's game they have the best team batting average, they were hitting .313. The pitching staff as been up and down after Halladay, who is currently 3-0. The bullpen as struggle, hopefully they can change those two weaknesses and have make a push for the playoffs this season.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe they can be the next Tampa Bay Rays...its not impossible to win the AL East anymore it doesnt look.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Toronto definatly has a chance to make a run for it, however, it will fall on their bullpen. If their bullpen can hold up then yes they have a chance, if it falls apart, then I don't think they'll have much of a chance. They've scored more runs than any other team, INCLUDING Texas, however, as it's been shown time and time again good pitching beats good batting.

4. Babe_Ruth

They won again yesterday. The game went into extra innings and Overbay hit a two run home run to win the game. I was extremely happy.

But I have to agree with you Sui, good pitching will always beat good hitting. So hopefully the young arms of the Jays will help them out.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Is there a team in the league that has a good bullpen anymore? The starters need to go longer into games.

6. Babe_Ruth

Bullpens are usually up and down. The Jays bullpen was pretty strong today. They didn't give up one run. They helped Romero get his second career victory. The Jays won 1-0 against the A's. They keep getting the victories, which I am extremely happy about.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

With Tampa, the Sox, and the Yanks in the same division, I just don't see it happening BR. They need a much more complete team to compete with the others in their division. Then again, Tampa surprised everyone last year, so we'll see.

8. Babe_Ruth

I totally agree with you Cons, I personally don't think that the Jays are going to make it to the playoffs. I guess I am not use to see them have a strong start like this, especially hitting this well. So hopefully they can keep it up, and give the main teams in the AL East a run for their money.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hey, I'm all for it, the AL East has heated up a lot in the past few years, it's arguably the best in the MLB. But the Jays simply have too many holes to stay afloat. Halladay is amazing, but with questionable pitching all around him, he can't support the team himself. I wouldn't even be surprised if Halladay got traded so that the Jays could start rebuilding.

10. Babe_Ruth

The notion of Halladay being traded as been talked about for the last few years now. A lot of Toronto reporters as asked him the question " Do you want to get traded?" Or "Do you see yourself on another team?" He always replies by saying "I'm in a Jays uniform, my intention is to stay with this ball club" It's a great responce by Halladay. But as a Jays fan and a huge Halladay fan, I would be crush to see him pitch for another team.