• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jay Lethal gone from TNA

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If they chose to release him (and he didn't choose to leave) it's an incredibly stupid decision...pisses me off that guys like Gunner and Murphy are taking up space on impact when he's not doing anything. Have him hold/feud for the TV Title if he's not going to be X-Division champ!

He's a huge talent, and it's waste whether he chose to leave or not...because no matter what, it's their fault for under-using him.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seemed like ever since Hogan and Bishoff came on board that Lethal didn't do much. He was a great X-Division champion and is a good promo.

Doesn't seem like the kinda guy WWE would sign but he's so damn talented that they should consider it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It seemed like ever since Hogan and Bishoff came on board that Lethal didn't do much. He was a great X-Division champion and is a good promo.

Doesn't seem like the kinda guy WWE would sign but he's so damn talented that they should consider it.
That's not totally true...I mean he got a little "hogan boost" like Abyss did at some point last year. Remember his feud with Flair? It felt huge and like it was the beginning of bigger things for Jay...dunno what happened.

I could actually picture the WWE signing him, if they've been paying attention. He's one of those dudes that even though he's lighter weight he's really well rounded in the ring, really likeable, etc. A quality & young free agent like that should peak their interest, but who knows. Did I hear somewhere that he's interested in ROH?

wooly

I am the woolrus
i just read this now and i am mega pissed.

Whenever i think of things TNA could do to improve the shows, the first thing i say, EVERY time is: push Jay Lethal. He's fantastic in the ring, he's got tons of charisma, the crowd love him, he's only 26 years old, and he is TNA through and through. While he was in ROH and other indy promotions, he never really made his name big there like Samoa Joe or Nigel McGuinness did. Lethal is a guy that is really, completely "TNA branded", and that's exactly what they need. Guys that are made by TNA representing TNA.

Judging by the locker room reactions on twitter aswell, he was a big personality backstage and this is gonna hurt TNA a lot. I can't get over how ridiculous this is. I think this is the last straw for me when it comes to TNA. I'm not gonna pay any attention to it unless that major restructuring that's rumoured actually happens.

I hope he does make it in WWE some day. He definitely has the combination of skills and charisma to make it. Looking forward to seeing him on the indies now though. I know he's gonna be part of some pretty awesome matches wherever he goes.
------
Did I hear somewhere that he's interested in ROH?
I could definitely see him going back to ROH. He's a former ROH Pure Champion (the equivalent of the Television Title they have now i guess) and he's had some great matches there. He'd definitely be welcomed back with open arms, especially now he's raised his profile a little.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
A totally random thought, but I think that he and Consequences Creed were a tag team back in TNA, and pretty entertaining at that. If I were the WWE one idea would be using these two guys that have experience in tagging together, and use them to bolster the division...I can understand it being a tough time for a new younger talent in terms of singles competition, but man I'd enjoy that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is totally surprising. Lethal is a good wrestler and is incredible on the microphone. I personally believe he could make a good heel in the WWE and challenge the likes of Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan, so I do believe he could work in the WWE.

None the less, this guy is to talented to be out of a job for a while. I'm stick shocked that this happened.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Annnnnnd just like that I'm done with TNA. I'm not really a big fan of theirs anyway, but the X-Division is really the ONLY reason why I still continue to watch it (because of guys like Lethal and Sabin). I was on LordsofPain earlier today and there was this update on Lethal:

-- Jay Lethal, who was released yesterday by TNA Wrestling, commented on his departure from the organization on Twitter.

"While I am sad that my time with TNA has ended, I am looking forward to this next chapter of my career. Oooooh yeahh! Now taking booking."
If he didn't leave by his own choice, then yeah. It's a pretty stupid decision on TNA's part. But hopefully this will be a good thing for him. Maybe we'll see him in the WWE. That could be a huge thing for his career.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Annnnnnd just like that I'm done with TNA.
Exactly how i felt! This is it for me and TNA, i feel bad for some of the great talent they've got there, but i just refuse to watch anymore.

I don't think TNA realise how big this release is, cus i'm sure we're not the ony ones who feel like that. They're definitely gonna lose a lot of the pre-Hogan and Bischoff fanbase because of this. Which is most of the fanbase, because since Hogan and Bischoff joined i don't think they've done much positive work in getting new fans :p

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are more interested in pushing a "has been" like Bubba Ray Dudley and no talent ass clowns like Gunner and Murphy.

There may be more to this then meets the eye, who knows. I really hope WWE signs Lethal but after deciding they didn't want Daniels or Eric Young I kinda have my doubts.