TV Jay Leno Passing the Torch to Conan O'Brien

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jay Leno's final Tonight Show is coming up on May 29th, 2009. His last guest will be Conan O'Brien, who will take over the show starting on June 1st, 2009.

Jay Leno's last guest will be his successor, Conan O'Brien | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

I've always liked Jay Leno so I'll try to catch this. I'll admit I don't watch the show regularly though. Out of all the evening comedy talk shows I prefer David Letterman.

Anyway, do you plan to watch Jay's farewell show on the 29th? Do you think the Tonight Show will be better or worse with Conan O'Brien behind the desk?

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
To me this seems like a good thing. I didn't like the way David Letterman got snubbed for the job when Johnny stepped down and as a result I never really warmed up to Jay. Conan, on the other hand, is someone I can handle watching.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Conan is my favorite so I am excited he's getting the chance. I never loved Leno but never hated him either. I'll be watching.

I think this is a great move. Conan has been funnier than Leno for years, it is about time he gets to be seen before 2 AM. I think the show will be better and I might actually try and see this show more often now.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I think that I'll be watching, I don't know much about Conan though so we'll see how I like him, I don't regularly watch his show so it won't be terribly sad to see him go but at the same time he's a likable guy who definitely has a good show.

Who knows? I might miss the guy.

Marvelous1

Registered Member
I think it's a real class act by Jay Leno to have his replacement as his last guest. Not many people in show business would do that. In fact I've never heard of anyone in show business doing anything like that. Jay definitely has my respect! Can't wait to watch him at 10 o'clock!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a huge fan of Conan O'brien, just like Millz said I believe he's the funniest of them all. I think he'll be a great replacement. I probably won't watch this on the 29th, but I'll try to catch it on Youtube.