• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Jay Bruce or Edwin Encarnacion

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you had a choose between the two, who would you rather have?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ja01.shtml

Those are Brunce numbers. Bruce hit a home run tonight and has five RBI. So, now he has 30 home runs and 100 RBI.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ed01.shtml

Those are Edwin Encarnacion numbers.

I know they play different positions, and Bruce is a bit younger than Edwin, but I'm just curious to know your thoughts.

TheMorosiEmbargo

If you pick Jay Bruce, you're wrong.

Edwin Encarnacion has a higher OPS, higher OPS+, higher oWAR, rarely strikes out, walks more than he K's. EE also put up 4 more RBI in 30 less at bats on a team which had significantly less people on base than Bruce's Reds. Remember that Bruce bats behind Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto.

BobbyD_29

TheMorosiEmbargo said:

Edwin Encarnacion has a higher OPS, higher OPS+, higher oWAR, rarely strikes out, walks more than he K's. EE also put up 4 more RBI in 30 less at bats on a team which had significantly less people on base than Bruce's Reds. Remember that Bruce bats behind Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto.
Remember that Bruce bats behind Phillips and Votto....Phillips has over 100 RBIs for the year, so he alone knocks in a lot of guys that Bruce doesn't have the chance to!

And I based my decision on age.

baseball619

TheMorosiEmbargo said:

This.