Jason Campbell traded to Oakland

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Goooooood trade for Oakland. I mean Bruce Gradkowski isn't the answer, Russell hasn't proven useful so you make the trade.

Details below:

Raiders acquired Jason Campbell from the Redskins in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2012.

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Great move by Oakland...what are the other trades they've done in recent weeks, again?

3. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

We all knew that Campbell was probably going to get traded after the Redskins traded for McNabb great pickup for Oakland as they needed a new QB.

4. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

To TU: The one that I can note is a draft day trade that sent LB Kirk Morrison to the Jags.

I am a Redskins fan, so this is logically a good move so you can free up money for other players and give McNabb the knowledge that you are very confident in his ability.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought getting a draft pick in 2012 was kind of weird but whatever I guess haha...

Good move by Al Davis to lock up Jason for two more seasons too. Campbell is unquestionably the starter going in.

6. KSpiceFantastic

The whole 2012 draft pick thing is a very Oakland thing to do.

Russell FAILED for the Raiders as a starter QB and Gronkowski is par for the course but Campbell has fantastic arm strength and just needs protection.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Definitely a good trade for the Raiders, I think Campbell has a lot to prove and even though he's not going to a good situation he'll definitely be playing with a huge chip on his shoulders.

I'm a fan of his so I wish him all the best in Oakland.

8. KSpiceFantastic

A chip on his shoulder that is all thanks to my favorite team the Redskins.

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

latest rumor is the raiders might release jamarcus russell

good trade

10. KSpiceFantastic

I would not be surprised if they did release him. But who would pick him up? Too much of a risk.