Jason Campbell traded to Oakland

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Goooooood trade for Oakland. I mean Bruce Gradkowski isn't the answer, Russell hasn't proven useful so you make the trade.

Details below:

Raiders acquired Jason Campbell from the Redskins in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2012.

Per Redskins beat writer Rick Maese, Campbell already has a deal worked out with Al Davis that will pay him $3.14 million this year and $4.5 million in 2011. Campbell may have to "earn" the job by beating out JaMarcus Russell, but it won't be a competition. Campbell is a much better passer than either Russell or Bruce Gradkowski, so Zach Miller and Chaz Schilens are now prime candidates for breakout seasons. Upgrade Darren McFadden and Michael Bush as well, as defenses won't be able to key on the running game

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
We all knew that Campbell was probably going to get traded after the Redskins traded for McNabb great pickup for Oakland as they needed a new QB.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
To TU: The one that I can note is a draft day trade that sent LB Kirk Morrison to the Jags.

I am a Redskins fan, so this is logically a good move so you can free up money for other players and give McNabb the knowledge that you are very confident in his ability.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought getting a draft pick in 2012 was kind of weird but whatever I guess haha...

Good move by Al Davis to lock up Jason for two more seasons too. Campbell is unquestionably the starter going in.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I thought getting a draft pick in 2012 was kind of weird but whatever I guess haha...

Good move by Al Davis to lock up Jason for two more seasons too. Campbell is unquestionably the starter going in.
The whole 2012 draft pick thing is a very Oakland thing to do.

Russell FAILED for the Raiders as a starter QB and Gronkowski is par for the course but Campbell has fantastic arm strength and just needs protection.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely a good trade for the Raiders, I think Campbell has a lot to prove and even though he's not going to a good situation he'll definitely be playing with a huge chip on his shoulders.

I'm a fan of his so I wish him all the best in Oakland.