Jason Bay traded to Tampa Bay

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
A source told MLB.com that the Rays will get Jason Bay from the Pirates for Reid Brignac and Jeff Niemann.

It's a very good trade for the Rays if true. Brignac is one of the game's top infield prospects, but the Rays were able avoid surrendering a second top-notch talent for a player they'd have under control at a very modest price through the end of 2009. If the Pirates trade Bay without getting an outfielder, they could call up Nyjer Morgan to help out. Andrew McCutchen is another possibility, but there's little reason to think he's ready
From rotoworld.com. Quite the deal for Tampa...they are going for it...lovin it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If this does happen then the Rays are going to get a great player in this deal. They needed that extra bat in the line up and if they do get him then it's going to help there playoff push.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What push? They're the division leaders!

They need staying power.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah but the season isn't over there's 50 games remaining, the Red Sox and the Yankees are right behind them. So there going to continue to push to make the playoffs. They could easily have a meltdown like the Mets last season and miss the playoffs. That's what I mean by continuing there push.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Rays' pursuit of Pirates outfielder Jason Bay is off "unless a miracle happens," a source close to the negotiations told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.

Incredible. Rosenthal thinks the Manny talks may be back on. The trade deadline has technically official passed, but that doesn't mean much. By the time the rumors filter out, they're probably an hour or so old anyway. WPGB's Rocco DeMaro agrees that the three-team Ramirez talks had resumed and were likely to go to the deadline.
That's where we're at right now. This was a quiet day on the trade front outside of the Griffey deal.