• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Jarrod Saltalamacchia to the Marlins

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia to the Marlins for 3 years, $21 million:

https://twitter.com/alexspeier/status/4 ... 6594808833

He's from West Palm Beach, so I guess that's why he signed there.

And I guess after McCann signed with the Yankees, Pierzynski signed with the Red Sox and Hanigan was traded to the Rays, there aren't many landing spots left for catchers.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
He was benched in the WS for David Ross. That pretty much summed up what Cherington and Co. thought of Salty's future in Boston. Also, how well will he actually hit in a pitcher friendly park? Not sure if this deal was so smart for the Marlins Front Office.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
He was benched in the WS for David Ross. That pretty much summed up what Cherington and Co. thought of Salty's future in Boston. Also, how well will he actually hit in a pitcher friendly park? Not sure if this deal was so smart for the Marlins Front Office.
To be fair how often do the Marlins make smart/big money deals, yes they have 2 World Series rings but then they have a fire sale and have a lot of bargain basement guys (money wise) play and lose 100+ games a year

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Merc Baseball 4