• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Japanese Music

Malificus

Likes snow
Gankutsuou said:
Yes. Who doesn't?
I listen to mostly soundtracks from anime/Japan movies.

Gankutsuou
Does anyone other than Jean-Jaques Burnel sing on that?

My favorite Japanese Band is the pillows. Although I'm split on who has a better rendition of Hybrid Rainbow, Bump of Chicken's has the nice melodic tune to it, while the pillows's original version has the epic chorus that made me love their music.

B

Blitz

I have listened to some of Gackts songs, and Utada, I mostly just listen to theme songs off of anime shows.

M

mysticangel

hmm...most of the japanese singers i like are the one's that are from the anime series i like. After hearing some of the openings and endings and if liking i would look for some of their other songs or mv's. some of those artist/groups include:

maaya sakamoto
kotoko
amuro namie
boa
ayumi hamasaki
megumi hayashibara
t.m. revolution
kuraki mai
yuko sasaki

and some others

L

lilbballfrk

Sui Generis said:
Utadu Hikari is very awesome, has anyone heard of Ayumi Hamasaki?
oh! isnt she like one of the people that have their own cartoon show on cartoon network? lol

L

Laharl ex

My favs are The Pillows and a couple anime music makers such as Angela and Yuki KAJIURA.

B

Blitz

I just recently started listening to Psycho Le Cemu, some of their stuff is pretty good.

If you decide you wanna hear some of their songs, I suggest listening to Gekai Merry go round, demonology, and blue again.

D

Destined Sayuri

I'm suprised that I haevn't posted here before :(
awesome japanese artists. Larc-enCiel, See-Saw, Utada Hikaru, Yuki Kajiura, Angela, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Kanno, and many many more.

Malificus

Likes snow
I just got the pleasure of being able to listen to Ellegarden and I must say, they're awesome. I've never liked L'arc~en~Ciel though.

S

scriver058

I really like Bonnie Pink's stuff. She's all over some of my favorite anime.

P

pasteycracker

Ooooooh :]

I love me some J-pop and such. I listen to lots of Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, and all that other fun stuff. A lot of times when i'm working on computers at school I'll plug in headphones and listen to japanaradio. (japanaradio.com).

I also listen to some underground hardcore/punk Japanese bands. A few that come to mind are Heaven In Her Arms, Endzweck, and Naiad. you can probably find some of their music on purevolume.com