• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Japanese Music

A

Angel03

I have listened to a good amount of Japanese music though I couldn't recall many names of bands or singers. There is the exception of Utada Hikaru or composer of Cowboy Bebop's music Yoko Kano. I do like Japanese music, even if I don't know what they are saying it can be very interesting to listen to.

A

acidmix

lets see I like:

Utada Hikaru
Ayumi Hamasaki
Orange Range
Round Table w/ or w/o nino
Tommy Heavenly6
Tommy Febuary6
Mr. Children
M-flo
Name Amuro
W
Morning Musume
Boa

thats all I can think of for now

S

shakujou

Theres this one pop star in Japan, Kouda Kumi (complete whore...as you'll see why in a second), theres this on song quote from here that I'll always remember. anata no atsui shibuki ga hoshii, which roughly translates to "I want your hot spray." ...Just on a random note... you know.

Utada Hikaru, Yoko Kanno, Yoshida Brothers, X Japan, The Pillows, L'Arc en Ciel, and others most likely.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Ah, good old J-Pop.....love it. I don't know of any band names or singers though, apart from Utadu Hikari and UVERworld.

M

Masakado

shakujou said:
Theres this one pop star in Japan, Kouda Kumi (complete whore...as you'll see why in a second), theres this on song quote from here that I'll always remember.  anata no atsui shibuki ga hoshii, which roughly translates to "I want your hot spray."  ...Just on a random note... you know.

Utada Hikaru, Yoko Kanno, Yoshida Brothers, X Japan, The Pillows, L'Arc en Ciel, and others most likely.
X Japan! Yes, they are awesome. Glad to see some more fans!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Yoko Kanno and The Seat Belts are cool. The Seat Belts peformed most of the music in Bebop and they've done a really good job too ^_^

S

shakujou

Oh ya, and Peelander Z, they're about to have a concert tour in America in a 'wil bit.

I don't own many cd's, but I do have Another Day Another Pillows, and the X Japan Trance Remix ((NOT WORTH 25 DOLLA)).

G

Gankutsuou

Yes. Who doesn't?
I listen to mostly soundtracks from anime/Japan movies.

Tsusbasa Chronicle
Gankutsuou
FF7 Advent Children
Gun X Sword

and then i plan to start listening to some Japan Underground, the Anti-Jpop

L

Lionheart

Check out projectj.net they have some pretty cool bands there.

Hinata

La Coquette
Not sure if anyone has heard of them but I had the pleasure of seeing them at MegaCon in Orlando. They were freaking great, the songs and performance... The name is D'espairs Ray...

I haven't heard too much more rock bands from Japan but if they sound anything like D'espairs Ray then I will have to listen.

But the other Japanese artists I like are:

Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Do As Infinity, Orange Range, Gackt, Transtic Nerve, and a bunch of various artists that song on animes. More so from Melody of Oblivion, Naruto, Inuyasha, G.I.T.S., Samurai Champloo, Bleach, etc, etc, etc.