Japanese Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Masakado, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Masakado

Masakado Guest

Who listens to Japanese music? (I don't like calling them Jrock or Jpop... kinda weird.)

My favorite Japanese band was Malice Mizer. Of course now they have new members and such, not as good.

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

The older Malice Mizer was definatly awesome!! I also like a lot of other bands. For some reason I like Gackt...not sure why...and Dir en Grey.

3. lilbballfrk

lilbballfrk Guest

my favorites are
    gackt - his voice is AMAZING
    larcenciel - they are a great band and come of with the best tunes!

4. Masakado

Masakado Guest

Yea Gackt is awesome. Malice Mizer made great songs when Gackt was still with them. "Mizerable" is my fav song.

His new song "Redemption" from the Dirge of Cerberus OST is awesome as well. If you haven't heard it, it sounds kinda like "white eyes" or "Lu:Na"

5. Eva_Unit01

Eva_Unit01 Guest

Utada Hikaru is the best japanese singer. in my opinion

6. Masakado

Masakado Guest

Oh, yes I love her songs too. Have you heard "Passion" off the KH2 soundtrack? great song.

7. Sorayoushi

Sorayoushi Guest

Well, I never really heard of any type of Japanese music except for Gackt's Dooms Day and anime music. I was never a big fan of Gackt anyway...

8. Eva_Unit01

Eva_Unit01 Guest

i like music from random animes also, which i have no idea on who sings them, just that they go to the show -.-

9. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Utadu Hikari is very awesome, has anyone heard of Ayumi Hamasaki?

10. merob

merob Boom!

I liked the openings for both excel saga, and azumanga daioh.
    + I listen to alot of artist from the samurai champloo sound tracks, including Tsutuchie, Nujabes, fat jon and force of nature. It's mainly acid jazz, but that's definately a genre hard to find among american artist.