• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Japanese Legend Hayabusa Passes Away

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Japanese Legend Hayabusa Passes Away

Terrific wrestler who had a huge tag title match in ECW with Sabu and Van Dam in '98. He was paralyzed a few years later when he broke his neck while trying to do a moonsault off the ropes (like Jericho's Lionsault) when he landed on his head.

RIP

EdgeHead

Registered Member
That one caught me by surprise. I saw recently that he was able to walk unassisted to the ring about a year ago for a show in Japan and I thought he was somewhat turning the corner. Obviously, he wasn't.

His influence in the business is undeniable as he inspired a lot of people. One of my friends, from Asian descent, actually wrestled a couple of years ago and he was wearing the Hayabusa mask as part of his gimmick. Always told me that Hayabusa was one of his favorite wrestlers, if not his favorite, and the reason why he wanted to wrestle.

Thoughts and prayers to the Ezaki family.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I know this is going to come across as "whatever" (since it won't matter what I call it), but I really want to see any video of the neckbreaking moonsault in 2001.

2002 was about the time that I learned and later trained myself to do the exact same thing with airmattresses, and that's always the idea at the back of my mind that I designed everything to avoid. So I'm wondering what it's like when it actually happens, what goes wrong, etc etc.

So many people do different versions of it in other sports from indie car riders to MMA fighters, to basically anybody who thinks they're too tough shit to ever get hurt. So I'm wondering exactly what it took for a pro wrestler to get it wrong. I want to find the video if it's out there and study it frame by frame.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with trying to bring the legs around too soon when really, it's not even required in the first place since all you need is to jerk the torso back enough to get the head around... and yet, everyone who does this seems to turn the head back to where it came from and make SURE to get those legs around. Everytime I see it, I cringe. So I'm wondering how, of all people, famous pro wrestler gets it wrong.

Also... if anyone has anything bad to say to me about this... it may take some years but...

... I will find you.

Just saying.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know this is going to come across as "whatever" (since it won't matter what I call it), but I really want to see any video of the neckbreaking moonsault in 2001.

2002 was about the time that I learned and later trained myself to do the exact same thing with airmattresses, and that's always the idea at the back of my mind that I designed everything to avoid. So I'm wondering what it's like when it actually happens, what goes wrong, etc etc.

So many people do different versions of it in other sports from indie car riders to MMA fighters, to basically anybody who thinks they're too tough shit to ever get hurt. So I'm wondering exactly what it took for a pro wrestler to get it wrong. I want to find the video if it's out there and study it frame by frame.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with trying to bring the legs around too soon when really, it's not even required in the first place since all you need is to jerk the torso back enough to get the head around... and yet, everyone who does this seems to turn the head back to where it came from and make SURE to get those legs around. Everytime I see it, I cringe. So I'm wondering how, of all people, famous pro wrestler gets it wrong.

Also... if anyone has anything bad to say to me about this... it may take some years but...

... I will find you.

Just saying.
Watching a Youtube tape of the match, the ref had, for some reason, put his hand on the rope and the internet commentators blamed that for the fall.