• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Japan ratifies bill that allows military to fight overseas

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
TOKYO, Sept. 18 (UPI) -- Japan's parliament ratified security bills that would allow the country's military to fight in overseas missions, a historic revision to the country's pacifist constitution that was established after the end of World War II.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...military-to-fight-overseas/5331442599932/ph3/

I honestly never thought they would do this. I guess with all the punches they convinced a few to see it their way, never seen anything like it, they must have felt passionately about this.

Can you imagine the democrats and republicans in congress fighting over a bill like this. Maybe they would earn their pay.

I have to wonder if China's actions have anything to do with this.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Japanese people are really mad about this new law. They are getting a lot of protests because of it. I'm wondering what they expect to happen if they get into it with China, the US to come to their rescue. They need to be able to protect themselves. I'm tired of our soldiers dieing because someone else can't, or won't, fight their own battles.