Jamie Noble injured at Raw (updated)

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

From Rajah:

As reported this evening, Jamie Noble was taken from the ring on a stretcher following his brief match with Mike Knox on Raw. For those wondering about the legitimacy of the injury, it definitely looks that way. According to a fan in attendance at the event, "people were running around like crazy trying to get the medics, stretcher, etc." Medics tended to Noble while the entire Chris Jericho and Ricky Steamboat segment was taking place on the nearby stage. Medics spent at least ten minutes in the ring with Noble.

If you look back at the tape, Noble strangely had his legs bent and in the air instead of flat on the mat immediately following his pinfall loss to Knox.

I totally believe this to be legit. My guess is a torn abdominal muscle from the first spot, when Know threw him up in the air and he landed awkwardly, neither flat nor on his hands and knees. After the pin Knox hovered over him as he whispered something, then Knox turned pale and he walked away slowly, looking back at Jamie with an expression of grave concern on his face.

The former ROH world champ, WCW Jung Dragon and denim-wearing trailer trash lowlife has never, to the best of my recollection and knowledge, missed any significant work time due to an in-ring injury. If this is indeed real and not an angle, I wish him a speedy recovery and a huge pop on his return.

Did you see the match? If so, did you notice how he seemed to be groaning in pain and favoring his stomach area after he and Knox first tangled? What are your thoughts on the possible legitimacy of this development?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I honestly didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to notice. I hope he's alright.

3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Did they actually have plans for him at Wrestlemania?

4. Millz

Uhhh I honestly have no idea. I'll be pissed if they did and now he can't make it :mad:

5. Unity

My only thought was that maybe he'd be involved in MITB as a dark horse. He wouldn't win, but with his agility and technical skill I'm sure he could help put on one hell of a show. Plus that level of participation might up his career a little. I hope he's not injured, lol. He's Jamie Noble Boy!

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Good news from WWE.com:
    For Jamie Noble, the agony of defeat at the hands of Mike Knox is thankfully only temporary. The Raw Superstar is recovering from a brutal corkscrew into the mat that left him motionless Monday night on Raw. It had been reported that Noble had no feeling in one of his arms and his hand.
    "The Pitbull" was immediately placed on a stretcher by Dr. Chris Amann and WWE's Certified Athletic Trainers and taken via ambulance to a local emergency room in Nashville.
    En route to the medical facility, Noble reportedly had begun regaining feeling in all of his limbs. An MRI administered shortly thereafter confirmed the best possible news.
    "All of Jamie's tests were negative," Dr. Amann told WWE.com. "I expect him to be sore for the next several days, but I think he will do fine."
    The Raw Superstar is in good spirits, and he expects to return to the ring as early as Monday.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am a big fan of Noble, I wish the WWE gave him a better push, but like we already know Vince doesn't like small guys. Noble is very talented in the ring and on the microphone. I think Noble would be amazing on WCW, with that being said. I really hope he wont miss loads of time with this injury.

8. Millz

Well this is awesome news right now. I don't know what their plans are for Noble, if any, for Wrestlemania but I hope they are still a go from this latest news.

9. Unity

Glad to hear it...like I said, I hope all of these squashes lead to Noble getting a decent match at WM...he'd be a great participant in MITB, as I said. His style would be fun to watch in that match.