• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

James Harrison wants to return sons' trophies

Rapier

V.I.P.
He's a strapper. There's always room for something that will make a child happy and smile. In HS you get a letter for participation. It can be sewn on clothing, such as a school jacket. I still have my letters and accompanying certificates. They were given out in a school assembly. I remember my son getting a trophy for bowling in a children's league that used gutter guards. He was happy. That's what counts. Did I mention James is a strapper?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Good. I'm glad. Participation awards are silly. I'd be embarrassed to have one. Fight the good fight, Harrison. Haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think you should get a trophy for just showing up and for putting forth minimal effort. That will teach kids you don't have to put out much effort to get what you want. Things will just be handed to you without working for it.

Then what about the kid that gave it their all. They get the same trophy everyone else got. Why should he/she do that if there is no special reward. No, that is not the real world.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Will all you hard liners be returning your HS and college letters for sports participation? If I remember correctly strutting around wearing a sports letter was quite the big deal. The little boys will just be reminded of how much fun they had when they see their trophy.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A trophy and a letter are two different things.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Yes. A letter is for participation that is often used to lord over others who weren't on the "team." A trophy is a "letter" that is for the child's use(to look at). It won't be flaunted.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just because someone wears something with a letter on it doesn't mean they are trying to lord over others. They are just proud they made the team, nothing wrong with that. Of course an underachiever with a chip on their shoulder about it might take it that way.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Lol. :p

Rapier

V.I.P.
Just because someone wears something with a letter on it doesn't mean they are trying to lord over others. They are just proud they made the team, nothing wrong with that. Of course an underachiever with a chip on their shoulder about it might take it that way.
Again Harrison's macho display is devoid of manliness. The letters he received in HS and college are the same level of commendation as the trophies his sons received. You don't get get how those letters were used by jocks to aggrandize their social status. I doubt if those little boys would have used their awards to inform everyone in sight "Look at me I'm on a football team."

What Harrison did well was be a bully. When he said this
"not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy"

his true jealous intent burst out. Nobody was doing any crying or whining. He just wanted media attention and he used his little boys to get it for his legacy and future endorsements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
thealigator Movies & TV 3
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 3
V Baseball 6
Unity Baseball 4