Movies James Dean

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Not sure if I'm going to get a lot of replies to this thread, but I was wondering if there was anyone here that had a chance to see any of his movies. I know hes only made three of them, but in my opinion there all great movies.

My favorite movie from him is Rebel without Cause. It was huge with teenagers. Another great actress was in this movie and that was Nathalie Wood.

He got two oscar nominations in his short career.

He died at a very young age, he was only 24. I believe this guy had the potential to become one of the greatest actors if he had lived a full life.

He was a great actor, if you haven't had a chance to see one of his movies I suggest you guys to rent one. You won't be disapointed in my opinion.

2. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I've only seen his REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, but it's real good. Take a good look at some of the other guys there. One of them is actually Dennis Hopper.

James Dean, 3 words: Dead too soon. Killed in a car accident at age 24. He hadn't even reached his prime yet and had only started out. Another "what if" for the other thread.

3. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I love all three of his films but I think my favorite is GIANT.

I think that out of all of today's actors, Heath Ledger is going to gain the same iconic quality in pop culture as James Dean. Both were extraordinary talented men and we only had tantalizing glimpses into how staggeringly good they were at their craft.

If Dean had lived longer he would have been right up there in the same class as Marlon Brando and Richard Burton.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with the Marlon Brando comparasion. Both were good looking actors with lots of acting potential at a young age. It's a shame that he had to die so early because he had so much more to offer, and he would defenitely made some great movies.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen his movies, but I suggest you guys to look at them. You won't be disapointed. Obviously it's an old movie, but be patient and you'll be amazed by his acting skill.

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I agree. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE should be on everybody's Must See list anyway. It's one of those movies that so clearly defined that age and the attitude of teenagers during that period that it's almost a history lesson.

The sissy emo boys of today ain't got a thang on James Dean when it comes to teenager rage and angst:lol: