JaMarcus Russell arrested for possession of Codeine Syrup

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Unity, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

JaMarcus Russell arrested for possession of codeine syrup - ESPN

Things just keep getting worse for this guy, not smart...

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He just lost any chance of signing on as a backup right now. Who is going to take a chance on him now that he's sure to face a suspension. Maybe a year away from the league will do him some good. Can't he play in the CFL?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The guy is such a disaster it's . . inspiring. I mean, no matter how far you've fallen, you'll always know this guy fell much farther than you ever could have.

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

That's what I would picture working out best for him, if anything; time playing somewhere else, getting back in good shape, and really dazzling the NFL scouts through action in a league such as the CFL.

What else could he do to play again, unless a team takes a huge risk? Could happen.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He might even benefit from two or more years in the CFL. The NFL really doesn't have a "minor league" like the NFL Europe for him to play in.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't even believe the CFL will take a chance on him right now. None of the teams have him on their nogiation list which is pretty pathetic.

I always had confidence in Russell, I actually thought he would turn into a stud quarterback. Even when he struggle early I said, that the QB position is hard to learn in the NFL and eventually he'll figure things out. Well, I was sure wrong on that one.

It's a shame really, because physically he had all the tools to be an amazing quarterback.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree with BR he had all the physical tools to be a pretty good QB but his work ethic, or lack thereof, is his biggest downfall.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's a shame when you think about it as well. The Raiders invested a lot in Russell when they drafted him first overall. They knew that he had a lot of potential and it would take time for him to develop into a good quarterback in this league.

What they didn't know is that this guy doesn't really have the passion to make himself into a better quarterback. He probably thinks that since he can throw a ball 60 yards he's good enough.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Codeine syrup?

Anyway, I guess this is what happens when you're a consistent and overhyped failure in the pros.