Jam or Jelly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, Apr 29, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I was thinking of making this post, then dDave posted his PB&J one, so it was a sign, I needed to make it.

Which do you prefer? Jam or Jelly? What is your favorite flavor? Brand?

I love Jam over jelly every time. My Favs are Berry jams, marionberry, raspberry, strawberry. Strawberry is much preferred made frozen instead of just canned. Apricot jam is also delicious, but this one is cooked and canned, not the frozen variety. As far as brand goes, we make most of our jam ourselves, but will pick up off brands when we are traveling and see a new flavor.

Oh Jalepeno jelly spread over cream cheese and eaten with crackers is also delicious.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

jam. jelly is just gross. unless it's apple jelly on a dinner roll with butter. but otherwise i like smucker's strawberry jam.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

If I had to choose one, it would be jam. I'm not sure which flavor would be easiest to choke down though.

4. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

:shifteyes:

Whats the difference?

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Jelly is made from just the juice so there aren't bits of fruit or seeds in it. Jam is made from the whole fruit so its thicker and has bits of fruit.

6. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Oh. Fucking jelly ftw. The little bits in jam are gross feeling.

Ive learned something!

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Neither. I don't eat jam/jelly (thanks for differentiating it btw). It's unfortunate because my friends say our confiture is one of the best in the world. Although, I wouldn't know if they're telling the truth or just fishing for a care package from me, lol.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Jam. Jelly is like Jell-O. I don't like jelly because of it's texture and it's hard to spread on a piece of bread. Jam goes with the flow and spreads easily.

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

My mother makes homemade apple jelly. It's the best thing ever. I love it on toast. It's just wonderful. I prefer strawberry jam when it comes to mixing it with my peanut butter however.

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Okay...now what's the difference if you're British?

We call it all jam.