• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Jail Time

Shwa

V.I.P.
This is a interesting discussion that I thought I would start up, has any other members on GF besides myself served any jail time?

For those of you who know I was given a DWI in March and sentenced with the stigma of the title in September of 09 (expires this september, whoot). This past April I was in a car accident and was out of a car for two months, meaning I couldn't check in to see my probation officer on my regular monthly basis. So when I got my car back and finally saw her again I got hell and I had to serve a weekend in jail because I violated my probation for not checking in.

So this past weekend I spent Friday-Monday morning in Jail, let me tell you it sucks :(. The food was horrible, I swear a skinny b***h would die of starvation. The beds were uncomfotable and smelly, even when you put the linen on them, not to mention the jump suit they gave you smelled like convict, and besides that I had a light in my room that flickered on an off within a seconds time, so sleep was horrible @[email protected]

So, anyone else ever been in jail? I know I can't be the only one, fess up.

~Shwa

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ewww sounds like a terrible experience, Shwa. Bet you're glad you're out of there!

I've never been...I don't think I'd do well in jail haha. I have thought about it before and how much I'd hate it. Like, what if I made a mistake one time and something crazy happened and my whole world came crashing down and I got stuck in jail. Makes me shiver.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've never been in jail and never really plan to either. I'm not so worried as if I would at some point get put in jail, I don't know why. At this moment in time, it just doesn't feel like something that would bother me.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Never been to jail. I really have to avoid it right now, even for fairly minor things, because I can lose my job with the Army, and they'd retrain me as a truck driver or something (so I'd drive convoy trucks in Iraq).

But honestly, I'm not the type of person to do stuff that would get me arrested anyway. And if I were going to do something, I'd probably be really careful not to get caught.

Impact

V.I.P.
Damn Shwa, that sucks. Also...for the foreigner...what the hell is a DWI?

And no, i've never been to jail, never been arrested... The closest I came was when I had to go in to be questioned regarding some drug bust thing. That was scary enough, so I can imagine how bad jail would be. I also was given a tour of the jail cells in my town when I was a little younger and getting myself in trouble as a kind of deterrent. It worked.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Damn Shwa, that sucks. Also...for the foreigner...what the hell is a DWI?
Lol.

Driving while intoxicated.

I've never even been pulled over in my LIFE. Except one time I was on my pedal bike, I got asked to come to a stop by a city parking enforcer. He was just telling me how attractive I look riding that mountain bike.

Nah, he told me to GTFO the city walk ways.

Impact

V.I.P.
Lol.

Driving while intoxicated.

I've never even been pulled over in my LIFE. Except one time I was on my pedal bike, I got asked to come to a stop by a city parking enforcer. He was just telling me how attractive I look riding that mountain bike.

Nah, he told me to GTFO the city walk ways.
Oh...I always thought that was called a DUI over there. Here, it's called DIC. Way to be confusing :lol:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think it depends on the jurisdiction - DWI vs. DUI

I've never been to jail.

Jeru is in jail right now. Somehow he's able to pop in from time to time.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
No, never served a day in my life and hopefully never will!

I've been pulled over for drinking and driving when I was younger a few times and had my car impounded (once) the night I hit a parked car but I was never locked up, not even for a night.
I was so stupid when I was younger when it came to drinking and driving; now that I look back on my stupidity, I wish they would have locked me up, I'm sure it would have taught me a valuable lesson or two.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Never for more than a night at a time, but I have come very close to doing hard time.
I was looking at a minimum two year stretch around the time I was 18 for assault, I wont go into details but I got lucky and the case was thrown out of court.
I say it was lucky because it was one of only a couple if times where I have been arrested and was innocent .