• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Jackie Chan or Jet Li

Jackie Chan or Jet Li

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a big fan of these two actors, and I'm sure there's quite a few more fans on this message board, so I was wondering in your opinion who do you prefer to watch? There not the great actors but they sure can kick some butt with there martial arts.

Thoughts?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You going to post a poll?

I love both of these guys, but Jet Li seems like he's a bit more edgy.

Keep your eyes out on Tony Jaa though, that guys is going to haul some serious ass once he gets over here in the US. Check out Ong Bak and The Protector to see how awesome he is.

padd

Registered Member
I find people's overate the Azn martial artist actors to be the very best, but for poll's sake i'll say Jackie; Rush Hour

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
They are both good, great actors, but to admit, Jackie Chan is way better, he has done unbelieveable stunts and great stuff with Rush Hour movies.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jackie Chan when I want a good martial arts/action comedy.

Jet Li when I want something more serious.

They are both in a movie together (for the first time) coming up soon called Forbidden Kingdom. Will be interesting to see how that turns out.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Oh man, there is no competition at all here:

Jet Li is cool on his own, but against Jackie Chan, he doesn't stand a chance, between the stunts, the sense of humour, amazingly choreographed fight scenes...

Isn't there a movie coming out starring both of them?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Jackie Chan for the simple fact that he can make me laugh.

Hiei

The Hierophant
Jet Li. He just LOOKS more badass, seems to be more skilled and can flow better than Chan.

Tony Jaa does seem promising, but from what I saw in The Protector, all his moves were basically the same. About halfway through the movie, I got bored of his style.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yes, there is a movie coming out real soon where they face off. It's gonna be great. I've always considered them the two best martial arts guys. Jackie Chan is indeed the best, simply for humour, best moves, and plain diversity of roles. Jet Li is always :seriousbusiness:

Hiei

The Hierophant
I think I'd respect Jet Li way less if he did a comedy like Rush Hour.