• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

J.R. Smith Suspended for Drugs

Joshua Howe

Another player caught doing drugs. Smith was just very recently suspended by the NBA for substance abuse. That's a HUGE blow for the Knicks, who didn't need anything else to go wrong. Ouch.

Thoughts?

knickstape2107

Registered Member
It is 5 games out of 82. Calm down. It won't effect his ON COURT performance at all. He'll be balling like he did when he won 6th man of the year.

Joshua Howe

First of all, I posted this AS SOON as it was reported by sources. So, obviously, I didn't know what the drug was. However, it is still a concern for the Knicks, adding on to that his knee surgery.

I understand that you're biased because the Knicks are your team, but c'mon. The dude has issues. The Knicks have more.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Im bias? For stating my opinion? If anyone else got suspended 5 games, it would be no big deal. I never said he doesn't have other problems but this is not as big as people are making. Marijuana won't affect his on court performance.

Joshua Howe

No. Biased in that you are clearly a fan of the Knicks and are influenced heavily by them when talking about basketball. Thinking that the Knicks will win the title, for example, next year is ludicrous.

And no? What if he's doing other stupid things along with this that just haven't come out yet? Anything can happen and this is not good for Smith.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Back to the topic guys. Guys like JR smith won't change their ways, he'll lose the money and sit the games and probably be more carefull next time. It's not going to really effect him or the team though...as gives games at the beginning of the year is still Pre-season to me. Especially for teams like the Knicks. But all of this doesn't hide the fact he's an idiot.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Im stupid for having a different opinion??? Lol. OK. Im a Knicks fan and u r CLEARLY a Heat or LeBron fan or act like one. Im not stupid. I know what I am talking about. Wait until October 30th when the KNICKS open their season. U can say ALL u want now bout how New York isnt good but it wont change ANYTHING. The Knicks will prove u and everyone like u wrong. And all u have to do is watch them play. On the subject of JR now. Suspension means nothing. We already knew he has "problems". Suspension reminds u of what u already knew. He had these problems last yr too when he won 6th Man of the Year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mod post: We won't always agree with other people's opinions, especially when it involves our favorite teams, but lets respect them. Thanks.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I am respecting his opinion. I am just defending my own opinion. You call me bias or stupid, then I will defend myself.

Joshua Howe

I never called you stupid. But biased? Yes and I stand by it. There is no other explanation for you to say that the Knicks WILL win a championship next season unless you're biased because they're your favourite team. If you weren't biased, you would be able to see more clearly that Indiana, Miami, Chicago and the Nets all have a very good chance at beating the Knicks just within the East. And, of course, that both Miami and Indy are clearly better than the Knicks at this current stage in time.

I say these things based on observations, careful ones, mind you. They are helpful reminders (I see it that way at least) to try and get you to think objectively, which you have not done so far.

You are correct, I am a Heat and LeBron fan. There's nothing wrong with that, if you are implying there is.

And you're also right, it won't change anything. So it won't change the fact that the Knicks are poorly constructed. I did and do watch them play, especially last year. Now I would normally go on to the point where I'd mention their weak defense but... That's another topic. lol