J.R. Smith On His Way To Denver?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Rocky Mountain News - A source said Sunday the Denver Nuggets are close to acquiring J.R. Smith, an up-and-coming guard who played last season for the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets, the Rocky Mountain News is reporting.

In a deal that was announced Friday, Smith was traded with forward P.J. Brown from the Hornets to the Chicago Bulls for forward Tyson Chandler. The trade is expected to become official after Brown and Smith take physicals Wednesday.

The source said the Bulls then plan to trade Smith to the Nuggets for guard Howard Eisley, who has a nonguaranteed contract, and two future second-round picks. The Bulls, who need to clear salary cap room to sign free-agent forward Adrian Griffin, then would waive Eisley.

The 6-foot-6 Smith, 20, averaged 7.7 points last season after averaging 10.3 as a rookie in 2004-05. He entered the NBA directly from St. Benedict's Prep, a high school in Newark, N.J

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41547/20060717/jr_smith_on_his_way_to_denver/

2. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

i think he will be a really good player, but the bulls dont really need wing players

3. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

So i guess the bulls want Adrian Griffin over JR Smith?
    I agree what the bulls are intending to do, clear up more cap space. Paxon is smart. In years to come, they will need it.

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Didn't see this coming, but hey it's good news for J.R. Smith he gets to wear the number 23. Lets just hope he can develop in Denver.

5. This guy is a real dink but he could put up huge numbers...I expect problems with he and George Karl.

6. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

whast a dink? lol

7. A 'dink' is like calling someone annoying or dumb...etc...it's a favorite of mine....like 'Hey Charlie stop being a dink'.

8. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

how is jr smith dumb?

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think he would be a very good fit in Denver, he would get more playing time in Denver then in Chicago, because all the new additions to the Bulls will prevent him from getting minutes, but he could be a possible starter in Denver if he shows that he can really play, and doesn't get out of line.

10. BD83

BD83 Guest

I definitely didn't see this coming.. For the Bulls, it seems like a weird move now, but in a couple of years it'll be really good for them.. JR Smith will be a great fit in Denver I think.. He can really help them out in my opinion..