• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

IVF Lottery

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Britain is setting up a monthly IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) Lottery, where £20 tickets will be sold and the lucky winner will get IVF treatment on the NHS.

World’s first IVF lottery begins in UK this month – offering chance to ‘win’ a baby | The Sun |News

I'm kind of on the fence about this; on the one hand it just seems wrong to be 'winning' a baby, but on the other it could be a great way to get back funds that were cut from the NHS and give someone a chance of a family.

IVF is £5000 a go; my older brother and my sis in law want a kid some day but they're already finding that they may not be able to do it naturally.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think it's quite nice. It's £5k as you say and that is too much for many people to pay.

My sister and brother-in-law have been trying for years and tried IVF once free on the NHS but it didn't work. She has to wait for another year before she can try again so they can get the money together.
There are so many couples out there desperate to get pregnant. So many people that would make wonderful parents. And then there are heaps of teenage parents getting pregnant and giving the baby up for adoption all the time. It breaks my heart.
My sister would be a wonderful mother so I can appreciate this gesture.

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
questions.

can anyone win? do they have to qualify? cause here in the states, we have people squatting babies out left and right for the welfare.

and excuse my ignorance but what is NHS? I googled it and only found a bunch of high schools.