Iverson voted in; Nash, Duncan get All-Star spots

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Iverson voted in; Nash, Duncan get All-Star spots - NBA - Yahoo! Canada Sports

Voting is a joke sometimes, glad that the fans voted more for Nash during the last few weeks so McGrady couldn't be a starter, but Iverson who started in the Western Conference and now he's playing is the Eastern Conference got voted in.

He better turn it dows, if not he'll lose total respect for me because he doesn't deserve to be there, and he's stealing a spot from someone that does.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I read an article about this a few days ago. I think it was Ray Allen who was saying the system needs to be changed. I think it's ridiculous that Iverson, and nearly McGrady, will be starting in the All-Star game. I know the game is supposed to be for the fans, but I think it would be a lot better for fans AND players if you put the most deserving players on the court.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's the article Echoes.

Celtics' Allen want to limit fans' role in All-Star selection - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

To me voting should be done differently, I know it's for the fans, but it doesn't make sense that guys like Iverson make the starting line up. The NBA and players assosiation should come together and find a new way to vote for the All Star starters.

Maybe like this;

1/3 Fans
    1/3 Coaches
    1/3 Players

It means the fans still have a say, but don't influence the choices so much as to ruin the selection process. Meanwhile 2/3 of the vote comes from those most qualified to make a decision. David Stern needs to follow suit.