Iverson And Cheeks Have Drastically Different Opinions On Effort

Discussion in 'NBA' started by scottmcgrady, Nov 20, 2006.

1. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Allen Iverson and Maurice Cheeks had drastically differing opinions regarding the recent effort of the club against the Clippers.

"I loved our effort," Cheeks said after the game.

"I don't care who you're playing against, if you're playing a little rec-league team," said Iverson. "The effort is supposed to be there every night. So it's not a big thing for me. To say, 'Yeah, we gave effort' or whatever, you're supposed to give effort. But when you go out and play basketball, you're supposed to win the basketball game.

"If you're satisfied the effort that you give, then some positive things are supposed to happen, and the most positive thing that can happen is to win... . You don't pay nobody a million dollars, a whole bunch of money, then not give effort."

I love what Iverson puts in the game and doesn't just sit back and say nothing over the game, he says what he believes and gives it straight to him team.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16055404.htm

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would have to agree with Allen Iverson, when the ball tips your there to win the game, the coach should expect 100% effort from every single player on the court, they shouldn't take any plays off. Also Cheeks shouldn't worry with Iverson giving a 100% effort when the game starts, because he doesn't know anything else but that.