Iverson And Boozer Named Players Of The Week

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Press Release - The Philadelphia 76ers ’ Allen Iverson and the Utah Jazz ’ Carlos Boozer today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Tuesday, Oct. 31 through Sunday, Nov. 5.

Iverson averaged a league-high 34.0 points on .493 shooting, while posting 9.7 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game to lead the Sixers to a 3-0 week. Iverson has scored 30-plus points in six straight games dating back to last season, two games shy of his career-best eight-game streak, and has scored 30-plus points in his last three season openers tying Michael Jordan's streak from the 1995-96 thru 1997-98 seasons.

Boozer led the Jazz to a 3-0 record, averaging 20.7 points on .500 shooting and 15 rebounds and currently leads the league in rebounding (15.0 rpg) and is averaging 5.7 more boards over last season. Boozer recorded three double-doubles on the week and led the Jazz in both scoring (20.7) and rebounds. In addition, he helped Utah defeat the Suns in Phoenix for the first time since the 2003-04 season, leading the team back from a 15-point deficit in the second half.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...iverson_and_boozer_named_players_of_the_week/

S

scottmcgrady

Allen Iverson is getting older and i never thought he was going to be as capable of posting those numbers. I love him as a player, but off the court i don't really like him, i do have so much respect for him though.
Carlos Boozer is such a shock, never thought he would average 20 and 15, although it is the start of the season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We all know that Allen Iverson can still score 30 points a game even though he's a year older. This dude can still ball with the best. This won;t be the last time he'll get player of the week this year. PLus is off the court behaviour as been really good for atleast the last 3-4 years so there's nothin g to complaing about really. Carlos Boozer is a tremendous player that's why he got that hige contract with the Utah Jazz. He hasn't had the chance to show the game to the Jazz fans because he's been so injured lately. Now beeing healthy he as unleash the beast in him and he's dominating is opponents with ease.

T

T-Bag

Boozer is having a great season,I certainly didn't expect it from him thanks to past few seasons he's had.(Injured) Gotta give him his props.
My man AI was fantastic last week,very weird was that he got like 1 steal in 3 games.I've yet to see a Sixers game this season but seems like he ain't gambling on defense as much as he used to.