• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I've had the best outdoor adventure ever!

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Holy carp, that last picture is crazy. I'm still trying to imagine what zipping around at 200' in the air would be like. Not for the faint of heart, I'm sure!
My mule farts, stops to pee when I cannot find anymore where the others turned, then runs when I just want it to stroll. :lol:
Oh, cool. Did you name it Husband?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The free fall one was scary but I figured, hey if they can do it, so can I! :lol:

Arathald

Registered Member
That sounds really exciting. I love rappelling, it's always very exhilarating. One of my favorite times was about a 150-200' descent, the first half of it walking down a rock face, the second half in open air. It was a little scary, but it was a great experience. This was in New River Gorge in West Virginia during a spring break climbing trip with my high school's rock climbing club. That had to have been 5-6 years ago by now, and I still remember it as an awesome experience.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That sounds really exciting. I love rappelling, it's always very exhilarating. One of my favorite times was about a 150-200' descent, the first half of it walking down a rock face, the second half in open air. It was a little scary, but it was a great experience. This was in New River Gorge in West Virginia during a spring break climbing trip with my high school's rock climbing club. That had to have been 5-6 years ago by now, and I still remember it as an awesome experience.
Yeah I can imagine I'd remember this for years. The problem is that now I'm looking for a new high, coz some activities would appear less challenging from now on. :)

Your outdoor adventure sounds wonderful.
Maybe I should go and do some free falling tomorrow :D
Haha freefall-induced birth?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm so jealous, and I want to go do all those things. Immediately.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Awesome pics, ysabel. That's something I would definitely enjoy doing. I love rappelling.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I actually thought of you. There was also a short hike involved when doing that and also after the whole series of ziplining. I was really surprised how it didn't come up in our conversation when we met up after. I guess we had too much other stories to tell :lol:.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Awesome! :D I've never done a waterfall before except swimming under one! We have a place here called Red Rock Canyon and do a lot of rappelling there! They won't let me do my own harness but it's still a total blast! And ziplining is incredible! It makes me feel like Greystoke, lol! I think the most I did with that was 100' though. But that mule ride, wow! I've been up dangerously steep roads going up Skyline drive in the Ouachita forest in SE Oklahoma but not on a mule and that was scary enough! :shocked: But i do a lot of horseback riding and can jump! And hey, horses can be as subborn as mules! And you have to be careful which horse you ride cause if it's a spring colt, it'll lay down every time it finds a puddle, lol! :lol: Life's a blast sometimes!

UPDATE:
Omg! :-o I just remembered! Waterfall rocks are real slimy and as slippery as ice! I have a tuff time not falling in the water when we hike and use rocks to get across a creek! That waterfall rappelling musta been really tuff!
Also, one of my fav things to do (when we rappel) is to push off from the rock face and swing as far as I can to the left or right! I can even drop some while I'm doing it! Did you try that too!? Oh, but that vertical ziplining, wow! I might try that sometime but that looks really scary!

Last edited: