I've had the best outdoor adventure ever!

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by ysabel, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Last month, I went to the tropical forest of the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico to do the following:

• Rode a speedboat from the Pier to another island.
    • Got into a military-style Mercedes Benz Unimog (fasten your seatbelts, the roads were scary!).
    • Climbed aboard a mule! Rode it for 20 minutes after a few minutes of explanation how to navigate them. It's a ride up the mountain, the type where if the mule steered another direction I could be falling down the ravine.
    • Zip-lined (several lengths up to 1000ft long) from one mountain point to another, about 200ft above ground.
    • Rappelled down a waterfall - lowered myself with a rope down the mountain, sometimes down a rock water slide beside the falls; at one point it was also a free drop (no wall of rock to support my feet, I'm just holding the cord).

What an adventure! I'll post pictures later.

Has anyone tried this? I've done my first tree-climbing and ziplining last year but it's nothing like this.

Babe_Ruth likes this.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Wow, that sounds like such an unforgettable time. It makes me happy to know that you were out having all that fun. Looking forward to the pics!

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, it's actually liberating. I love that fact I can scream while ziplining and it echoes in the mountains and it's fun...way better than screaming inside my room.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Glad to see you have an amazing time, it was well deserved. Like Tucker, I cannot wait to see some of the pictures of you in action.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Sounds epic. I expect epic pictures of epic adventures of epicness.

Tucker likes this.
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Ok, some of the pics.....

The mule:

[​IMG]

The first zipline:

[​IMG]

Vertical line:

[​IMG]

Rappel (rock waterslide):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Freefall:

[​IMG]

Boredie and MAgnum9987 like this.
  7. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'm jealous, Ysa! Awesome pics, thanks for letting us live vicariously through you! Beautiful scenery there...did they let you keep the Mule? :)

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

No, which is fine. My mule farts, stops to pee when I cannot find anymore where the others turned, then runs when I just want it to stroll. :lol:

9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Wow, that looks so cool!

Most of my outdoor adventures have included ME being the mule! :lol:

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

very cool. I want to be ysabel when I grow up