• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 I've Come to the Dark Side

Konshentz

Konshentz
I just bought my cousin's 360, in hopes of tying my over until I buy a PS3 (again). It came with 8 games (most of them ehhh) and has a little wear on it, but it sure does beat playing NHL '97 on the Genesis. :lol:

I have a few questions.

How much is live? Where is the best place to buy it? Is it cheaper anywhere specific?

Who has a 360 and what games do you normally play online?

It may take me a couple weeks before I'm online or have the money to pick up any new games.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Yay, you got an xbox

I can't say where the cheapest place for you will be to buy live, i'll let an American member help you out with that one.

There's actually a pretty large group of us that play online together. Anitaknapp, Iris, Smelnick, Echoes, Chaos, etc

You should pick up L4D 1 or 2, I know you like zombies and a few of us have that game. Umm, other games I see GFers play online....Borderlands, Gears 2, Red Dead, Halo (ew), MW2, etc.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well seen how you've sold your ps3, for some reason, you might as well look for some variety on the 360, and not just first person shooters.

You can start with xbox live games, such as Castlevania harmony of despair, limbo and braid. If you enjoy RPG's Dragon age is a sure bet, Oblivion and fallout 3 are very cheap now as well.

Halo reach is a blast to play but from my understanding you are not much into online MP? If you are Reach is probably the best competitive FPS out there.

If you are into hack and slash Ninja gaiden black, ninja gaiden 2 and bayonetta are your best option, they are all cheap now as well.

Xbox live can be sold for $6 for 1 month, $19.99 for 3 months and $59 for a year.

Last edited:

Cheyron

Registered Member
You're honestly best buying live from xbox direct. When you set up a gamertag, the option will be there.

Your cheapest option when buying xbox live would be to get a 12-month membership. If you do though, be careful assigning a credit card as when the 12-month is up, it automatically renews your xbox-live.

You're looking at around $60. I say it's better to get it direct from xbox because retailers will hardly budge with the price and they will hardly drop it, I figure. Plus, it's a whole lot easier and safer redeeming from Xbox. :nod:

EDIT: About games. I'd honestly buy your own kind of games rather than trying to fit in. No game completely dies out and before you know it, there's a new game out. The biggest titles at the moment are; Fifa 11, Call of Duty: Black Ops (I'm not sure if that's out yet), Halo: Reach and maybe Dead Rising 2? People speculate Fall Out New Vegas is gonna be good, too.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Well seen how you've sold your ps3, for some reason, you might as well look for some variety on the 360, and not just first person shooters.
It's a long (or boring) story. Haha.

Metro 2033, Alan Wake and the original Dead Rising are definitely at the top of my list.

I wonder how long I can go without the RROD? :shifteyes: *knocks on wood*

About games. I'd honestly buy your own kind of games rather than trying to fit in. No game completely dies out and before you know it, there's a new game out. The biggest titles at the moment are; Fifa 11, Call of Duty: Black Ops (I'm not sure if that's out yet), Halo: Reach and maybe Dead Rising 2? People speculate Fall Out New Vegas is gonna be good, too.
Oh, I definitely plan on buying the games I enjoy, it wouldn't make sense to own the system if I wasn't. I just wanted to know what others played, in case I feel the need to get my ass beat online my fellow GFers. :lol:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yay! Let us know what your GT is when you get live. Like others have said, it really doesn't go on sale and you can get xbl anywhere. I just did an offer of 2 years for $84 and 1600 ms points ($20 value). It's expensive, but I pretty much got a year free doing that.

If you want to try it out, I can give you some 48 hour access cards to use that came with games that I bought.

The games that I play mp the most are: Gears of War 2, Borderlands, L4D, L4D2, Halo: Reach...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Other games that need a mention are Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2. It's an RPG/shooter.

I also have Red Dead Redemption and some of the Guitar Hero games. I just don't play those as much anymore.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Halo: Reach is the only game I play on Xbox Live. I definitely recommend it if you like first person shooters.

Cheyron

Registered Member
It's a long (or boring) story. Haha.

Metro 2033, Alan Wake and the original Dead Rising are definitely at the top of my list.

I wonder how long I can go without the RROD? :shifteyes: *knocks on wood*

Oh, I definitely plan on buying the games I enjoy, it wouldn't make sense to own the system if I wasn't. I just wanted to know what others played, in case I feel the need to get my ass beat online my fellow GFers. :lol:
Of course :lol: I simply mean don't worry about the latest trend for the online side of it. :)