I've been summoned...

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think it was viLky or Babe that made a thread about jury duty.. Well I'm making a thread about being a witness as I have to attend court today and I am so nervous.
I'm not going to go into full detail but I have been told I have "material evidence" and I have no choice but to attend. Someone has been accused of doing something they didn't do and in about two hours I have to go and stand up in court! :shifteyes:

Someone turned up at my front door a couple of days ago to hand me a piece of paper with all the details and £4 for travel. He was pretty rude because he said "I know you probably don't want to go but we'd drag you there kicking and screaming if we had to." Yeah, thanks Mr.

Have you ever been a defense/prosecution witness?

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you know they didn't do it then be sure to make your case for them as a witness. In the end you'll be doing a great thing for them.

I've never done it before but you have a good opportunity here. Let us know how it goes!

Bliss

Sally Twit
If you know they didn't do it then be sure to make your case for them as a witness. In the end you'll be doing a great thing for them.

I've never done it before but you have a good opportunity here. Let us know how it goes!
They didn't do what they are being accused of but they did act in a certain way which could do them more harm than good. The reason I didn't want to go was because I was worried my evidence would not help - it would just add more fuel to the fire. The person in question spoke to me before today to try and stop me from saying a certain thing. I have told that person I will be telling the absolute truth as I will not lie under oath. That person has now stopped talking to me...
All I can do is be honest, right?

KLaZik_BEATz

Registered Member
Ive never been a witness but i have been the accused so ive seen what the witnesses have to do...im not sure what your nervous about but whatever it is im sure the person on trial would really appreciate your evidence

if you have any questions i can try to help

one cool thing that i do know now that i didnt before i went to court was that if your not religious you dont have to take an oath but a "solemn affirmation" and they also have a holy book for almost any religion

Wednesday

Registered Member
Ive been a witness and done jury service..jury service was brilliant..
Being a witness less fun...you get kinda pushed around a lil by defense.

But hold ya own..and take a book cuz it can be bloody boring.

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
yes bliss, the best thing you can do is be honest, if you lie under oath and the court find out about it you will be getting done yourself. all you can do is just tell the truth and then its up to them to decide if he is guilty and you can sleep easy at night knowing that you told the whole truth.

good luck! i'm going to court soon for a small claims thing, described in my blog, but i dont think we'll have witnesses or anything. there aren't any lawyers but i hope she doesn't try to bring a whitness cause she said something about me wrecking her car??? i dunno. let us know how it goes.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
raye has been summoned for jury duty lately

But witness? Wow. Let us know how it goes. I'm interested how it feels like to be standing there facing people, half hoping for your failure and half hoping you'd be convincing.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
:heart: I agree with everyone else, just tell the truth, it's not your fault what happened happened. I've never been in a court before (not even traffic court) so I have no idea what it's like. Let us know how it goes!