I've been eating bad lately

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GoEasy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

What can I eat at school that is healthy? They have the typical things for college kids, but I'm getting sick of eating pizza or chicken all the time. What could I eat here that won't make me feel like crap right after?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

If your school has salads then you could go for that every once in a while or maybe fruit, tacos, etc.

I'd experiment with some new things and see if you like them.

There's also always that option of making your own food and having that instead.

3. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

I had a salad today, it was pretty good. I wish we had tacos here though. Yeah, it does sound good making some food, I might have to try it sometime.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You'll only ever have what you want if you make it yourself. Make yourself something healthy and you'll eat it. Go there with nothing and there's temptation.

5. smooveey

smooveey New Member

Definitely. Thats what I ended up doing as well. Eating better also makes you feel better. :)

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Tacos aren't remotely healthy...

If you don't get up for breakfast start getting up for it. Most college breakfast food is relatively healthy and then skip a meal.

It's tough to eat healthy in college, in my last 2 years at school I spent a lot of time eating cereal and going out to subway as oppose to eating cafeteria food.

7. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

Yeah, I got breakfast today for the first time in a while because my class got let out early, it was actually pretty good. Maybe I'll go buy some cereal today, instead of eating all this junk food. We do have a Quiznos here though, haven't tried it out yet.

Oh boy, the dining hall is empty, there's like 5 kids in here. :p

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I don't know why everyone always assumes that salads are the healthy way to go? I eat salads almost everyday, not because of any nutritional value, but because I love them. It all depends on the ingredients and type of dressing. Look for a meal that fits your dietary needs, and you'll be fine.

If you have a way to store fresh foods in your room, this is probably your best option.

Swiftstrike likes this.
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What does your school serve anyway?

Pack your own sandwich. Ham, cheese, tomato, salad...then grab a bottle of water. Add a fruit too.

10. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

Pizza, different kinds of pasta, cheeseburgers/hotdogs, usually the main meal for dinner is some kind of meat and usually mashed potatoes, there is a line that you can get sandwiches made. I tried that once and it was pretty good.