Ive been at work for an hour and a half

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Did you get you masters and PhD?
No. I started the masters program but it didn't work out. I don't regret it though because a friend of mine who started the program with me is already burned out on therapy, and there really aren't many research opportunities even for a master's level psychologist in this area.

I did not get into the PhD program.

Do you get a w-2? Have you thought of having your work w/h more of your income?
Yes, I get both forms, and the 1099 is box 7, so it has to be taxed...:mad:

I actually bank a third of the "bonus" money so I'll have enough to pay it at tax time.
I work for an agent, but I'm also a free agent as far as sales and growth, which is why I'm paid this way.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yes, I get both forms, and the 1099 is box 7, so it has to be taxed...:mad:

I actually bank a third of the "bonus" money so I'll have enough to pay it at tax time.
I work for an agent, but I'm also a free agent as far as sales and growth, which is why I'm paid this way.
Wait are these 1099-Rs? Or 1099-INT/DIV/B?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
If they are Rs (which they sound like seeing as how you were talking about box 7)

You can still get some w/h on those so you wont be paying as much. But it depends how you intially set them up.

Rs tend to be pensions, annuities, IRAs, Roth IRAs etc.

1099 INT DIV and B are Interest Dividends and Proceeds from stock transactions.

You can still set up with your broker to have w/hs on that but its rare since it is difficult to predict income and you dont want to over pay the government if you can.

Do you make quarterly payments throughout the year?