• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

It's True That The World Will Always Have It's Problems. However...

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
The world has always had it's problems. Let's face the fact that it always will.

And if you try to help the world, the world will still have it's issues in spite of it.

However, the world wouldn't be as good as it is if people didn't try to help others in need of help, such as mental health workers/professionals who try and succeed at helping those battling serious mental health issues.

You can't save the world. But the world wouldn't be as good as it is if nobody tried to help others.

Impaired

Registered Member
Either you help make the world a better place or you do not.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Those who seek to help make the world a better place don't always approach the task in an effective way. It is important to know if what you plan to do to help out is really going to help out. People donate clothing every year to poor countries and often it ends up as giant mountains of garbage because it is simply not what is actually needed.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I'll be honest, I'd like to be able to help the world more than I actually can.

But at the same time, I'm grateful that I can make a positive difference in the lives of some people. I'm glad that I can make a difference in my own little corner of the world.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think Jesus touched on this rather well (at least for a certain context)

“For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you want, you can do good for them. But you will not always have me.” Mark 14:7

Meaning that it’s not wrong to be poor but that there will always be poor people. No matter what you do. I think it’s a good thing to help the poor but it’s not a problem that will ever be solved.

My wife and I have been partnering with our church in our local area to do outreach, help homeless people, and run a food pantry for those who need it. We donate financially and participate in person as we are able to.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If no one helped, we'd have bigger problems. :)

It's frustrating not to be able to help everyone. We do the best we can to make sure we leave the world a better place.